dynamat install?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech' started by richey rich789, Apr 11, 2006.

1. richey rich789

richey rich789 New Member

so i was planning on installing a jl 12" w6v2 and was wondering, how much dynamat if any is needed and where to put it to keep my car from shaking its self apart?
  2. 05Torch

05Torch New Member

I wouldnt use dynamat I would use Raamat, its less money. As far as where to put it most people cover the entire trunk. I dont have any in mine havent had any problems. It is supose to help I just cant afford it right now.
  3. firestang70

firestang70 New Member

Where can I find this Raamat? I was told about some generic stuff at Home Depot, looked all over and cannot find anything. I refuse to pay what they are selling the dynamat for. Thanks for the info!
  4. rygenstormlocke

rygenstormlocke former 10 second badass

Yea, I looked for the peel n seal stuff at Lowes and Home depot. I'm interested in this Raamat stuff. Dynamat is expesive!!!!!!
  5. richey rich789

richey rich789 New Member

so you dont get any bad shaking problems?
  6. 05Torch

05Torch New Member

I dont get in rattling in the car but outside I can hear some. The deck lid rattles . To do the job good just layer everything. here is a link to raamat. he is a guy on a stereo forum. Sometimes he does sell on Ebay. Also stay away from the peal and seal stuff. It is asphault based and have heard of bad stories of the smell lasting a long time in the car. I am lucky enough that Rick (ramaudio) lives 100 miles from me so I will be getting some from him with shipping and get to hear his stereos. he does SQ comps.

http://www.raamaudio.com/