DYNO DAY AT CARB CONNECTION 26 JUN

ricksgt

Founding Member
Jun 23, 2002
Arlington, WA
Who is interested, please reply back here, and PM me your phone number and email address. This will be on the 26th of Jun, at Carb Connection in Kirkland. The price is set at 75 for 3 pulls with A/F, they will use either the sniffer or the bung if you have one welded in. I need to know who all is interested soon, rain or shine...I have reserved this time, so I need people who are going to show up, not just say they will. Thanks

Rick

• Sponsors (?)

This is different thread and is for a date that is now set at Carb Connection. I know that if I go to a dyno, I want to make sure that I am running safe, its everyones choise as to where you go, but if you want to know what you are doing and what you can do to get some more HP out of your car, well then you need your A/F......A dyno is not just for bragging rights, but to ensure that your car is running safely.....

The count of people attending is up to 6 now, and more..

All 6 are new cobras right now, so its going to be a good show as well

Rick

Rick your argument does make sense, but if your mostly stock and just curious about baseline power it is really not needed. That and it is a ways north for those of us In Oly, Tacoma, and Portland to get to for a 30min dyno run.

Does that $75 include installing the bung for the A/F? Sniffing out back after the CATs and mufflers is very hit or miss depending on how well they are working from what I have been told, so I would rather use the bung method. I have one installed, but it would be good info for those that don't..

I am still debating going, hopefully I can get the new K-member modified and installed, as well as get the clutch fixed before then, if so I hope to attend. I also need to run her a good bit and get the ECU to learn the system before trying to get real power out of her.

I think you said we needed like 15+ cars to lock it in?? Are they going to set ballpark times for people to get on the dyno? or at least set an order and approx time per vehicle?? I know I can't get up there very early, but also don't want to be leaving at 8pm to head home either...

Lamrith, I will try to get some time numbers ready by mid week, alright. As far as the bung, if you have one open that can be used for A/F, then its all in the price, but if you need one welded in, well get it done before you get there......They are pretty confident in their sniffer though......

Rick

OK, don't count me as a definite just yet, but I AM interested. I am pulling my motor today or tomorrow (part way there) to have a new K-member and engine mounts done, plus adjust the clutch so it does not slip. Once that is done it can go back together and then needs to get a few days runtime to let the ECU settle, then I shouild be good to go!

Alright, just got off the phone, we start at 10 am, we need to have as many as we can there by 10. Also, if someone wants to bring a BBQ, we can grill out back there and stuff. It will be $81.60 out the door pretty much for the 3 pulls. If you are not going to be able to make it, let me know soon. No time slots, but we need to be there early, and your car will cool down that way........If you really need to get going, we can work something out to get you in there early

Rick

EMAIL ME AT [email protected] if you are interested

dang dude... what happened to the $45 offer that Turbo Tech gave us? 3 pulls w/o AF... because most of us don't use it anyway...

-I think I'm busy that morning, but I'll try to make it anyway... (you know, work, the thing that pays for my mods :D) so, we'll see... if this is definite, let me know... although, I'd still try to push for the TT thing...

(I know I would NOT want AF messed w/ YET... so that's the downside...)

Hey Gang:

Here is my $0.2...

Dyno'ing your car w/o A/F is like having sex with your hand... Feels really good, but it just isn't the same... Get an adjustable FP regulator so that you can move your A/F while on the dyno... You will pick up some power which will be the cheapest HP/$ that you will ever spend... It amazes me that we are alway willing to spend a couple hundred bucks on a CAI that doesn't give you that much HP, but won't spend $100 on a dyno tune that will give you more HP... I have gotten 5 - 10 HP everytime I dyno tune my car when changing parts...

I might be there... Will be installing a new PMS for tuning... If nothing else I'll drop by and cheer everyone else on...

BTW -- You can get dyno time at Blood for tuning your car for $125/hour I believe... I hate the Mustang dyno cause you can't compare it to a dynojet, but it is probably better for tuning purposes....

Take care...

Rick,
Good info bro. I am not a definite yet, but 10am start I should be able to make. I was just concerned it would be like a 8am start, which is a bit to early for me to up there.. I have the k-member and soon engine out of the car for work I have to get done, then hopefully get it back together this weekend or the next. I would like to get the rear end replaced as well, but that may have to wait..

Alright, you can get to their website at www.carbconn.com They have some pics of their shop as well on their. Viperos, I know that you dont want to use the A/F, but I would get it done anyways, who knows, you might be running lean and not even know it, or too rich...and with the price of gas, running rich is running through our pockets......I am not going to set up a Turbo Tech dynoday, I like the idea of using A/F whether you are tuning or not just to make sure that you are safe......nobody wants to spend extra money on a new rebuild....so $75 goes a long way...compared to 1k plus to rebuild

Rick

ok, well, a few more question then... is there anyway for them to not do AF if I wanted? or is it just this one setup thing that they are doing... I only need 2 pulls, no AF, because I just had my car dynoed a month ago, and I'm just testing the benefits of 2.5" exhaust on a virtually stock 95GT... otherwise... do they take credit cards, and is there tax? (can't believe there would be tax, but making sure anyway...)

Viperos, if you want to give them a call and ask them if they will cut the price down a little bit for you just to do 2 runs, go ahead. Actually, yeah there is tax, comes to like 81.60. But if you are seriously not interested in A/F, the cheaper place will be TT.......

Rick