Dyno for C&L and/or Dragon Plenums

• Sponsors (?)

What I don't understand is why AFM says the Dragon is the best when according to their own dyno tests the Dragon gains 5.29 hp and 9 lb.-ft. when the Accufab gains 8 hp and 8.53 lb.-ft and the Trick Flow gains 7.38 hp but only 2.64 lb.-ft. Looking at AFM's dyno results it looks to me like the Accufab is the best?

Ben99GT said:
What I don't understand is why AFM says the Dragon is the best when according to their own dyno tests the Dragon gains 5.29 hp and 9 lb.-ft. when the Accufab gains 8 hp and 8.53 lb.-ft and the Trick Flow gains 7.38 hp but only 2.64 lb.-ft. Looking at AFM's dyno results it looks to me like the Accufab is the best?

Maybe they are talking about what the 'Dragon" makes under the curve :shrug:

Just a little feedback for everyone. Just installed the C&L... The stang seems to pull harder with less throttle. However, I didn't really feel too much "seat of pants" improvement. I, however, never do unless it's something really major. Like all things, I would feel it if i took it off. Install was a piece of cake and I did it in 20 min w/ my g/f handing me bolts (only used 8mm and 10mm socket). I did, however, have to rig one of the vaccume lines (the one at the back) because it was the wrong size. My g/f's fault, though, she ordered it for a 96 when i have 01 top end... didn't think it would mess up that but it sure did. Oh well, never EVER do an install without some sort of trouble.

I too just installed a C&L plenum together with an Accufab 75mm throttlebody and can feel the difference all thru the powerband. Regarding the rear vacuum hose at the back, I thought that I too was out of luck since the stock hose appeared SO much smaller than the new vacuum outlet coming off of the plenum, but found that with some WD40 on it I was able to stretch the stock hose over it. Just eyeballing it, it didn't look like it would ever work but it did. Give this a shot if you are nervous about the way you have it rigged.

Regards,

Vellines
96 GT

Attention 2001 owners....the C&L plenum comes in 2 versions...96-00 (#711) and 01-present (#711A). However 2001 model year, half the cars came with the 711 version, the other the 711A version. Only way to tell is by VISUAL inspection. If you look straight ahead at the plenum, there are two vacuum lines coming out towards you..1 is by the horse's head, the other by his "buttocks" (ass..lol) The one by his rear has two size choices...remove the hose, if the metal nipple is same size as the one by the head, then you need the 711...if the nipple is much larger than the other, you need the 711A..just specify to the retailer when ordering...btw, the 2 best online sites for value AND service is Ronnie Diaz Motorsports (me!) or CR Motorsports..either way you will get same price and same superior service with either choice