Dyno numbers TW heads, FTI cam

Grn92LX said:
TMC, ever consider getting in touch with Ed Curtis and seeing if he can design a cam that cam make even better power? Are those TEA ported 185cc TW heads? I personally think theres a lot more in your car with a better cam. I would even say your numbers now could even be attained with box stock TW heads. Anyway, one more question. You mentions that you had to shave the heads .040", to bring them down to a 59cc chamber after the port work? What does port work have to do with combustion chamber size? Mine were milled .020" and they cc'd @ 57.6cc's. Nice track times by the way, very impressive for a heavy sn95.

Mike

No FTI for me only because the car was a side project/weekend car so I didn't want to spend the money on anything I didn't have to. I already had this cam so it went in.

The Heads were ported by a friend locally including cleaning up the chambers some which brought them up to 65-66cc so the .04 mill was just to bring them back from there.

I agree that there should have been more in the car. Honestly if I would have spent more time on the suspension (stock uppers!) and made the car work I think it could have gone 11.3's but oh well, I never did.

• Sponsors (?)