Dyno predictions game :)

SadbutTrue

Founding Member
May 1, 2002
Granada Hills, California
Dyno predictions game (come one come all)

Okay, I think I'm finally going to get my car dyno'd next week, either Tuesday or Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Found a place that supposedly charges $75 for 3 pulls. In the meantime I'll give it a fresh oil change, clean up the air cleaner, etc.

Rules of predictions: Person who posts the farthest off has to buy the guy who is closest a 6-pack and send it to him (should be doable for less than $15, and should make it more fun/interesting). By posting a guess you accept these terms. :D

Predictions should be off rwhp readings. Rwtq figures will be the tiebreaker. Post to the nearest tenth. Don't bother with flywheel projections.

The dyno is a Dynojet. In general Dynojets read about 10% higher than Mustang Dynos, though it does vary some. Figured some might want to take that into account.

Combo:
351w, .060 over
~9.3:1 compression (it has stock early 70s pistons, but the heads were shaved to 56 cc chambers which helps a little)
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads
Crane 1.6 roller rockers
Comp XE274H cam (specs readily avaliable online; something like adv 274/280, actual at .050 230/236, lift .519/.523, LSA 110... just off memory)
Holley Street Avenger 670
Weiand Stealth
Heddman swap headers (1 5/8")
2.5" exhaust, flowmasters, h-pipe
MSD, Pertronix, Accel coil, etc etc
K&N

T-5, 9"

Personally hoping for 300 at the wheels...

:flag:

Predictions list (new predictions must be 2 hp away from any already placed... only other way to do it would be via anonymous pm or something... if we have to start over we can).

334 rwhp/352 rwtq - 68EFIVert
332? rwhp/351.9 rwtq - GNN60GT500
318.9 rwhp/343.4 tq - MrMustangMan357
315.5 rwhp/335.8 rwtq - TD68302
328.6whp/364.9 rwtq - htwheels67

• Sponsors (?)

I'll take the first guess. 334 rwhp and 352 rwtq. Good luck and have fun!

Hope you're right... I'm thinking the lack of professional tuning (though maybe they'll help me while I'm there if its slow...) and my compression might hurt me, though I've seen similar builds in magazines make as much as ~440 at the flywheel.

And I figured the thought of beer and horsepower would wake this forum up. Come on folks... :rlaugh:

the cam is a tad small, as well as the carb. Power should pull all the way to 6000. Those heads should get the rollers moving though

My guess given your setup: 318.9 rwhp 343.4 tq without fine tuning.

Hmm, lets see. If you drive your car like you drove mine the other day I think you will dyno 0hp 0tq because your clutch will slip and your rear wheels wont turn :p

Let me know when you go to get it dyno'd maybe I'll go with ya and have the Mach done too.

Hmm, lets see. If you drive your car like you drove mine the other day I think you will dyno 0hp 0tq because your clutch will slip and your rear wheels wont turn :p

Let me know when you go to get it dyno'd maybe I'll go with ya and have the Mach done too.

You should. I was thinking about taking next wednesday off to do it... its in Oxnard for what its worth.

Any chance we can make it a Friday ? That would work a lot better for me.

You free Friday morning? I have my flight class in the afternoon but could take work off that morning and do it at like 10am or so.

I would schedule it for the Friday after Thanksgiving but I doubt they'll be there. In general Fridays are bad for me because I have those flight lessons and work on the other end of the Valley, an hour or so away from this dyno shop.

I can't do it in the morning, I'd have to take a half day and leave SB around noon.

Well crap. I might actually still try for Friday morning, it would work well for me. The place is A&A Corvette in oxnard if you want to try to hit them up another time. 3 pulls for 75 seems pretty good. Maybe they'll let me split the pulls up if the first one is dissapointing... let me go get it tuned more and come back.

And make a guess. We're talking horsepower and beer here...