Dyno Results..need input

stang74

Feb 12, 2004
NV
I got my car dynoed today and kinda disappointed with the results. Car is an 02 GT 5spd w/ 8k miles

This one's from last year: HP 234....TRQ 274....No AFR was taken

Mods: MRT catted h pipe, Flowmaster 2.5" catback and K&N
Air Filter

Today: HP 242...TRQ 272..AFR: 11.0@ WOT

Same mods as above Plus:O/R H pipe, UDP,T/A(14' deg) ,Plenum spacer and 4:10's..

I only gained 8 HP from the added mod, what gives? and with the AFR of 11.0 is that very rich?....any input is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

stang74 said:
I got my car dynoed today and kinda disappointed with the results. Car is an 02 GT 5spd w/ 8k miles

This one's from last year: HP 234....TRQ 274....No AFR was taken

Mods: MRT catted h pipe, Flowmaster 2.5" catback and K&N
Air Filter

Today: HP 242...TRQ 272..AFR: 11.0@ WOT

Same mods as above Plus:O/R H pipe, UDP,T/A(14' deg) ,Plenum spacer and 4:10's..

I only gained 8 HP from the added mod, what gives? and with the AFR of 11.0 is that very rich?....any input is appreciated.

catted X to the cattless H isn't going to gain much maybe a couple, pullies about 5-7hp, timing is usually about 3-5. plenum spacer about 1, then you lose HP because of your gears, steeper gear = more drivetrain loss.

even though your tires only show a gain of 8hp it doesn't mean that the crank only increased that much though. the gears will show less hp on the rollers but more pull at the track (where it counts)

yes 11.0 is very fat.