Dyno run/GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS

I found out that Grassroots motorsports was having a dyno pull. My '67 cranked out 343 hp @6.5k and spun to the 7 k msd pill! torque is low it maxed out at only 324! time to look at differant headers.The details of the dyno pull are in this months Grassroots motorsports magazine, Feb/04 The fine folks at Grassroots motorsports did a photo shoot of my '67 and on page 130 that my car should show up in a future issue. Jim

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice. :nice: I'm a fan of the magazine for a few years now, so I'll definitely pick up the upcoming issue... I too am a little surprised at the low torque figure too based on your hp. A header change might make a good bit of difference, especially if you're currently running shortys, but I think the real tell tale sign is that you were able to spin the motor to 7k... Sounds like the motor is simply built for more upper end hp than torque. Maybe an intake swap to a good dual plane might help (I assume you're currently running a racey single plane), or even adding a small short divider to the bottom of the plenum of your current intake might do the trick.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'd go messing with a motor making that kind of power... I'd probably just spend my time running the heck out of it. :D