Dyno #'s Systemax/FTI cam/TW heads

zenboy99

Founding Member
May 12, 2002
Madison, WI
Combo is:

-185,000 mile stock shortblock
-untouched Twisted Wedge heads with comp cams springs
-FTI custom cam (ground for Performer intake, shorty headers/cats/daily driver)
-Holley Systemax II intake (untouched)
-BBK 1 5/8" Long tubes, 2.2" collector (worst purchase ever)
-Custom X-pipe, 2.5"
-Magnaflow catback
-75mm Accufab throttle body, Fox style, with AFM NA power pipe
-Pro-M 80mm MAF
-Tweecer tuned by me, 36 degrees total timing all in @ 3000rpm

330rwhp @ 5700-5900rpm with ~12.7:1 air fuel ratio

I only got 3 pulls, but I doubt 13.1:1 air:fuel would have gotten me that much more power. Going to the strip this sunday so I can't wait for some #'s

Previous dyno:
Same combo above but with:
-20,000 less miles
-Performer intake
-65mm FMS throttle body
-FMS shorty headers
-34 degrees total timing

304rwhp @ 5300-5400rpm 338 rwtq @4300
12.87 @ 109.98mph with 1.95 60 foot on street tires

I'm trying to post the dyno results, but it keeps telling me its too big??? I've shrunk this thing down to a thumbnail size!

I only got hp numbers on the dyno, no torque #'s, no explanation for that.

Winter project is 4.30 gears, bigger cam and opening up those stupid headers. I'm real close to making this into a NMRA Pure Street car

• Sponsors (?)

Excellent results!!! Get those 4.30's in, they'll help a lot. Your winter mods will put you in the 350rwhp range I believe easily.

When I had my 302 TW/FTI/Street heat combo, Ed recommended the performer rpm, a 75mm tb and longtubes with an opened collector and more gear. I still wish I kept that combo and didn't build the stroker.

WTG Chad! That's some very impressive numbers to say the least! Good luck at the track. What tires will you be running on? Post up your numbers when you get them on sunday. I too am heading out this weekend to do some last minute drag racing before the season is over.

Thanks Paul, I'm a little nervous for this weekend now that I put down some good numbers.

I'm running Weld draglite wheels, Micky Thompson drag radials outback.

The cars running good, now just have to worry about the driver!

Congrats! Nice numbers, I love the Systemax Intake!

A few combo questions for you:

Are you running all accessories?
Same dyno correct?
Do you have any weather or air number differences between each dyno run?

The BBK collector is 3 inches, but the flange necks down to 2.33" at the very end - 4 MILIMETERS (if memory serves me right) difference between that and your H-pipe:)

"Loose is fast"

A few combo questions for you:

Are you running all accessories?
Same dyno correct?
Do you have any weather or air number differences between each dyno run?

Good questions!

Yes, I'm running A/C and power steering, but no smog pump

DIFFERENT dyno, but same operator. Its a dynamic dyno that was running on the "Dynojet" setting. This guy dynoed my car each time before on a dynojet and said these numbers match right up with the Dynojet. His car dynoed the same on the dynojet and Dynamic dyno when they had it installed.

I datalogged each run in my Tweecer. They weren't running the fan wich sucked. ACT temps were 88 degrees. ECT temps were at least 188 but never rose above 194.

Well...I arrived at the strip looking at a 20-30mph headwind! This was in Byron Illinois, drag strip in the flatlands.

over 400 cars, and due to family issues I only got one run in!

12.86 @ ~107
1.81 60 foot
8.2 1/8th

I was shifting at 6500rpm wich is probably way to high. but I was hoping to lower it 100rpm each run. Car was running rich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKF69dIOBLg

I'll be back in 2 weeks, and hopefully the normal Midwestern fall weather arrives!

Good questions!

Yes, I'm running A/C and power steering, but no smog pump

DIFFERENT dyno, but same operator. Its a dynamic dyno that was running on the "Dynojet" setting. This guy dynoed my car each time before on a dynojet and said these numbers match right up with the Dynojet. His car dynoed the same on the dynojet and Dynamic dyno when they had it installed.

I datalogged each run in my Tweecer. They weren't running the fan wich sucked. ACT temps were 88 degrees. ECT temps were at least 188 but never rose above 194.

Thanks for the response:nice:

I was afraid a different dyno was used, but that is okay.

Once you get a little better headwind, we will see if that gain was actual:)

Good Luck man.