Roush dyno tune today..guess anyone?

03s281sc

Mar 31, 2005
maryland
ok so i decided to get the dyno done and not wait to install other parts seeing as how spring is coming and i want to hit the track. It's at the shop getting dyno hopefully right now, my mods for the dyno today include,

3.0 RR pulley
JLT Cai
75mm accufab t/b
bassani o/r x pipe
saleen installed magnaflow catback
ngktr6 spark plugs
Diablo Predator
Diablo MAFia extender
42lb frpp injectors
svt focus fuel pump
3.73's

feel free to post your guess on what it should dyno....im thinking 380whp

• Sponsors (?)

Almost identical mods to what I've done. My numbers in signature. I'm going to guess 384 with that Offroad X-pipe. I have the catalytic model.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out! :nice:

....I've heard that the catted x-pipe run identical to offroad pipes as far as power is concerned. The new free-flow design on the cat's have zero restrictions on exhaust flow. Just a different tone on the exhaust sound...... I'll also go with 380rwhp :nice:

Wow...all i can say is i am very satisfied with the results and the numbers were pretty impressing considering my mods.....

404rwp 425rwt
dynoed at Justins Performance Center by Kevin of DiabloSport.

dynosheet.jpg

Attachments

• dynosheet.jpg
    dynosheet.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 82
when i stoped by the shop to see how things were going i got a chance to talk to the guy Kevin from Diablo while he was tuning it. He suggested i do some cooling mods seeing as how my iat was 132 even though the saleen intercooler gauge was reading about 90. So i asked him about the chicane intercooler and he said he didnt think you would see a gain of 40some hp just from that and a tune the same day. I think he was saying that you would see more overall power with the chicane intercooler on a hot day b/c it keeps the intake temps down but on a cold day where the intake temp would be cooler anyway, you may lose just a few hp do to the flanges restricting some airflow...i may not make too much sense but the way he explained it did..

Also, they said the car was still making power till 6300 but they set the rev limiter at 6250 b/c the fuel pressure started to drop. Justin said on the dyno it was fine b/c there are no gforces applied but when i hit the track or street i may starve the engine for fuel in say 4th gear where it would be held in that range for a longer period of time then 1st 2nd or 3rd where it would only be in that rpm band for a short period. They stated if i were to shift at 5800 i would be fine but if i shifted higher i should think about gettin a k/b boost a pump...

the sad part is that i still want more power, any suggestions?

Hahaha, you sound like me. I'd say go with a set of Stage 2 blower cams and some good P&P heads now.

Like you, I'm going to do the Chicane Intercooler mod. Once that is done, I intend to do cams and head work. I'll see where I'm at, but eventually I'll be upgrading the internals to handle more boost. I live in Virginia Beach where it gets hot and humid...so I will definitely put the Chicane intercooler to good use. I'm going to send my car to Mark at PAS to do that this summer probably.

Again, CONGRATS! :D

:jaw:

Awesome nums out of the Series IV! I was way off. Contact Mark at PAS. He just had a car on the dyno a couple of months ago after he installed the Chicane intercooler and saw 40 rwhp. He is the one where that number came from and we all know he and Kevin know their stuff. Good luck on more power.

Like Robert said, S351.

Great numbers!!!

We should get a group buy going for the Chicane Intercooler. Its $800 normally, which is a lot, I think for an intercooler.

i have to agree it is alot, i know someone stated $715 shipped before, i guess it went up? But i would definitly be in for a group buy for the intercooler.

O yes and for my road report, i opened it up on the highway yesterday started in 3rd at about 60 and stoped at the end of 4th.... i can definitly can feel a difference, it pulls harder, and climbs to 6000 better than before (thats where i will shift at for now). From a dead stop before the tune, gettin on it into hard in 1st, 2nd and into 3rd i could break them loose for maybe 5 feet shifting into 3rd, now i would say 15-20, definitly gained some hp with the tune.

I have thought of upgrading my intercooler as well to the Chicane unit.
I wonder how many we would have to buy to see if we could get a group
purchase? This upgrade has been the last important one i want to do. I don't know if Joe would consider a group purchase and what the savings would be.
:shrug:

Barry
2000 SC281 #0388
Saleen Series II