Dyno tune

• Sponsors (?)

EH819 said:
Anyone know about how much it would cost to have my car dyno tuned? Thanks for any info.

Mine was around $342 for the dyno time, the chip and the computer time to burn various chips. They usual charge $75/hour for strictly dyno, so I figured that wasn't too bad. :shrug:

EH819 said:
yea, I was mainly interested in the tuning cost.
chips are about $210-300 (which you would need for a tune), and then dyno pull 75/hr, then tuner gets 150/hr where i am. All out the door for chip and tune and dyno printout was about $450.

now i'm set to 91 octane, a/f is great, timing is perfect.. smooth running motor:)

-wade

wms004 said:
chips are about $210-300 (which you would need for a tune), and then dyno pull 75/hr, then tuner gets 150/hr where i am. All out the door for chip and tune and dyno printout was about $450.

now i'm set to 91 octane, a/f is great, timing is perfect.. smooth running motor:)

-wade

Wade is probably more close to accurate - I took my own chip, but they burned two or three "spare" chips to try different tunes. All in all I guess the $350-500 range is probably pretty close for a decent tune.