Dyno'd my car today!

94YellowStang

Nov 12, 2004
Hayden, AL
I went to the dyno today at Alabama Mustangs. I made 5 pulls on a dynojet dyno.
The first 2 pulls didnt register because the fob thing wasn't working right, the 3rd pull netted 210hp 274tq with the car running warm from the previous 2 pulls being run back to back.We let the car cool back down for 20mins and made 2 more pulls both were same #'s 217hp 280tq.Mods are in my sig, car is mostly stock with 115k miles.

The next mod will be a cobra intake or a ported tmoss lower, I'm trying to keep it cheap but get a good gain out of the swap.This car is my daily driver and im not in a hurry to do a lot of mods on the motor right now.The motor will stay stock for a while with the exception of a intake.

• Sponsors (?)

8 degrees timing and running 93 octane, If I set my timing to 10 it pings a little @4000rpm and up so I set it back to 8 for now.I have no smog or egr and the vac lines are capped off.

I will see if I can get some pics up of my car, my friend filmed the dyno runs and I'll get him to post them.

pics

Attachments

• 100_0231.JPG
    100_0231.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_0232.JPG
    100_0232.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 124
good numbers.

i'm running 14* on 89 octane. no EGR/AIR. i left it at that but will try more timing after winter is gone.

is your balancer in good shape? maybe its spun giving you a bad reading and your actually running 14+ timing

I put the egr on today without the pipe from the egr to the header because I dont have it anymore, changed my timing to 12 then 10 still pinged so its back on 8 until I can come up with a pipe to hook the egr and hearder together and then see what happens.

95WhiteVenom said:
Dude, humm I ain't been there in a while. Last time I heard they closed. You ought to give me a holla sometime I live over in Florence.

Whoever told you that they closed might have gotten confused over the fact that they moved. You can see the new shop right of I-65. I was talking to them and they told me that business was booming and they had some coverage coming out in 5.0 Mustang magazine. I haven't gotten the videos on my computer yet. ( I was the one who went with 94YellowStang). I will try get them up soon as possible.

get of at the first cullman exit #304 going N, once your on the exit ramp look to your right, right as you exit and you can see the shop, stay in the same lane when you exit and take the first road on your right.They have about 10 mustang sitting outside for-sale.

Aight cool i may drop by there next week on my way to the B-ham.

Was that run completely untuned or do you have a chip.

Also there are several 94-95's over here in Florence man yall ever head this way let me know. I'd like to see yalls cars.

Cool Man, I got a buddy of mine that lives in Florence but goes to school with me (UAB). He is always trying to get me to ride up there with him and chill. I will be sure to take the stang when I go and hit you up.

P.S.-The pull was untuned and he has no chip.