Dyno'd today as well

blksn955.o

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
st.louis mo 314
didnt want to jump timk's thread, well I dyno'd a whopping 231hp/280trq. all with a bad overheating problem and 7cyl. (n2o backfire a while ago lifted a ring land and did not know it until I had head work while I fixed what I thought was a bad head gasket). The tuner came out to me and was like "what is your timing at, this thing is pinging its a$$ off", thats when I told him the problems I have with the short block. Not bad though I was hoping to get 220 with it the way it runs right now. My a/f was 11.4-12.4 so a bit rich but I feared I might be lean (did not know if I was lean and that was also contributing to a overheating prob.)

• Sponsors (?)

Cool...So you had the #7 thing fixxed.??? Somethings still wack???? you should have atleast held your own with Tim, if not exceeded him a tad?...you got some decent parts in the motor??? Whats up???

I am going to rebuild the short block this winter, long rod 306, forged rods, and probe pistons and stepping up to the 175 jets and a tune.

the cyl. is still dead, the shop I took it too and I both fig. it was a bad head gasket and when I redid it I went and got the heads milled and a good valve job w/new springs to make sure everything in the top end was in perfect working order, well got it together and the car still ran bad and then found out it was a lifted ring land. I am sure only running on 7 cyl, not 8 was the reason I was a bit soft on power, also talked to stieg and will probably have him do some port work on the gt40, like exh. work and clean up on intake and blend the bowls.

I realy wanted to see what it was doing as far as a/f and get a worst case run on the dyno to get the lowest base line with this setup, I dont plan on changing any of my hard parts, cept for the short block and port work.