dynoed my car today...how'd i do??

• Sponsors (?)

Talked to the dyno guy tonight and he said the dyno was just upgraded and everything was checked out by Dynojet and it works perfectly.

So i will stick by my dyno sheet and say that it is without a doubt making 552rwhp. How about a video of it on the dyno?

I know there aren't that many Supra fans in here but maybe you've heard of our race car.....Virtual Works Racing supra.
I'm going to be in Texas this upcoming week with the shop car. We'll be racing all the fastest Vipers and Supras in the country. We're hoping for some high 7's at 180+mph so if anyone is around that area you should come out to the dyno or track and watch.

Once i get back, there is a track day so i'll run the Mustang and verify the #'s. I have no doubts what the car is making and have no reason to post up anything but the truth.

I'm not trying to make anything or promote the shop. We don't even do Mustangs....this is my personal car which was built 100% in my garage with just my girlfriend helping me. She actually turned some wrenches and got dirty helping me pull the motor and put it back in 3x.

moneypit94 said:
well i hate to be this way but im going to be a non-believer till you confirm it at another shop or some times at the track that match. Those numbers just aren't realistic for that setup. Otherwise your running like mid/low 10 sec power numbers with a good set of tires and there is no way...

mid to low 11's is mid/high 400 rwhp numbers. All dependant on the right setup but MPH says right at the high 400's/ low 500's mark.

I ran 10.9@128 with just a good set of 8" wide slicks and i only went once with that combo. thats like 485 rwhp according to AFM's Dyno and 505 according to another shops dyno. And that was close to 12lbs of boost.

Maybe i didn't explain myself fully.....when i ran the times on the gtech it was on the 506rwhp tune. That's the way i've been for over a year now. I pulled it off the street still hot and strapped it down with the regular old tune and did 506. I then played with a/f and timing and the very next pass without even letting the car cool down did 552rwhp. I then added some timing and again didn't let it cool down which resulted in a loss of 2rwhp. I was done and backed the timing off a couple degrees.

I then proceded to jump up and down and do the happy dance.:nice:

I have the smaller pulley back on now that makes 13psi and HOLY HELL!!!! It's a nasty nasty animal! I'm gonna dyno it right when i get back from Texas and see what it'll make. I'll do it the same day i go to the track and run it. What kinda mph should i be running in a 3400-3500 car without a drag suspension at my hp level? I just ordered some 28" m/t dr's since my little 26" bfg's aren't really cutting it.

KBCobra95 said:
I don't find it hard to believe at all. He's running a better intake, cam, and more boost than me. Mine should be making more but I pegged the lightning meter. Congrats on your beast!

thanks! Sounds like you've got quite a beast on your hands as well.

all i have to say is wow maybe i should take my track heat off and go with something else? and gain 100 rwhp, i have the same combo with a comp cam on only make 455 shutting it off at 5800 i now shift at 6200 and you have me thinking where all that extra power is coming from ?????? maybe the aem???? if so i want one.

YEAHLOH95 said:
all i have to say is wow maybe i should take my track heat off and go with something else? and gain 100 rwhp, i have the same combo with a comp cam on only make 455 shutting it off at 5800 i now shift at 6200 and you have me thinking where all that extra power is coming from ?????? maybe the aem???? if so i want one.

i hear ya. but i have heard of guys going from stock ecms w/ chips to stand alone systems and having big gains. i would venture a guess and say the aem is a quality unit with good processor speeds. worth 100hp? who knows, only 1 way to find out.

YEAHLOH95 said:

I know...the street heat says it's supposed to fall off at 5000 but looking at the dyno sheet it seems that's where it actually takes off.

It seems as though the main variable is the AEM so maybe other people should actually try it. We might have others pulling the #'s i have :shrug:

5.0DuDe said:
i thought we couldnt blow off to the atmospere because of the metered air being released is there a trick to make it work like that

It might seem i'm doing things a little different than most......doesn't seem to have hurt me huh?

One thing i think everyone is missing is i'm not mass air anymore. I'm map now so the resolution is going to be greater for tuning if i'm not mistaken.

bimmertech said:
i hear ya. but i have heard of guys going from stock ecms w/ chips to stand alone systems and having big gains. i would venture a guess and say the aem is a quality unit with good processor speeds. worth 100hp? who knows, only 1 way to find out.

Your talking about going from a stock computer that is 8 bit to a stand alone system that is 16/32 bit. That has to account for something.

I can tell you this....all the highest hp Supra's and Vipers in the world are almost all using the AEM. Probably about 95% of all those cars above 1000rwhp are using it. We have done about 5 Supra's all pushing upwards of 1100rwhp all using the AEM.

94convgt said:
Your talking about going from a stock computer that is 8 bit to a stand alone system that is 16/32 bit. That has to account for something.

I can tell you this....all the highest hp Supra's and Vipers in the world are almost all using the AEM. Probably about 95% of all those cars above 1000rwhp are using it. We have done about 5 Supra's all pushing upwards of 1100rwhp all using the AEM.

how much was it? where did you get it? easy install?

sooooo many questions i have for you. you are prolly the only guy i have seen on here run the AEM. I'm lookin at self tuners right now, and this deff has my interest.

I think thatits the aem also thats why you are able just to blow off into the atmoshere great job! where did you get that pipe fromthe charger to the throttle body? I need one also I am running a cut down vortech pipe and I am not happy with it

i showed some people your dyno results and mixed reviews, but someone pointed out that the barometric pressure was reading 27.72" and that it should normally be around 30". With a correction factor it could add anywere between 6-20% being off that much. I don't know i just took the guys word for it.

Anyways, i forgot to ask, what type of fuel were you running?

His words were, either they are dynoing the car on everest or in the middle of a massive hurricane.

i'm gonna have to go with moneypit on this one. I'm not saying your lieing or anything, but those numbers just don't make sense to me either. Its too much power for the combo you have....

maybe its just jealousy but hell i better get those kind of numbers when i'm done with mine....

bimmertech said:
how much was it? where did you get it? easy install?

sooooo many questions i have for you. you are prolly the only guy i have seen on here run the AEM. I'm lookin at self tuners right now, and this deff has my interest.

I think they retail for around $1700 or close to it....then you add the wideband and map sensor and it's about $2200 of course at retail. I don't pay anywhere near that but my friend is the one who originally wrote the software so i get a tiny little break. I've got them on 3 of my cars and they have all made quite a bit more power than the old setups.

I just did one for my buddies Evo8 and it picked up 65awhp with no other changes to boost or anything.

The install is plug and play except if you add the map and the wideband which is running a few wires. It's incredibly simple and there isn't another system on the market that can touch the capabilities for the price.....hell even double the price for that matter.

shelbe67 said:
I think thatits the aem also thats why you are able just to blow off into the atmoshere great job! where did you get that pipe fromthe charger to the throttle body? I need one also I am running a cut down vortech pipe and I am not happy with it

I made it myself out of 3" aluminum. Everything on the car is either bolt-on or i made it from scratch myself.