Dynoed my pacecar again (with better results)

795.0pacecar

lover of pudgy polygamists
Jul 11, 2003
Senoia, GA
I haven't dynoed my car since 06 when I had those crappy procomp heads, and needless to say, trickflow heads are worlds better than cheap knock off crap. I work at a shop that is also a speed shop on the side for high end cars like BMWs, so we have an in ground dyno that I have free access to, so I finally decided to drive my mustang to work and see what it makes.
Well it put down 305-rwhp and 332-rwtq. Not too shabby imo, and I surely wasn't disappointed this time lol. My car put down 55rwhp more with trickflow heads than it did with the pro comp 210cc heads. There were no other changes.
img04725267109oz5.th.jpg

And here is an awful cellphone picture of my car.

Attachments

• img04725267109oz5.th.jpg
    img04725267109oz5.th.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Sponsors (?)

It either the tune or the intake is too big. The dyno A/F wouldn't work so I didn't get a reading. It is sort of a strange torque curve though. I'm just happy to have broken 300rwhp with this tired old engine before I start building the new engine I have planned.

It either the tune or the intake is too big. The dyno A/F wouldn't work so I didn't get a reading. It is sort of a strange torque curve though. I'm just happy to have broken 300rwhp with this tired old engine before I start building the new engine I have planned.

I know the feeling....i'm hoping and praying i break 300 but i doubt it.

yah 300 is the fair goal for a bolt on guy, wish i could see it too but i am no where close to it!! i would almost guranetee if i would have raked out the dough for some tricks or afr's but my good deal gt40 will do for a fun street car.......
but i bet i can hit 12's with my mods........which is my overall goal....

last and final mod/goal years down the line.....REBUILD/maf conversion and BOOOOOSSST!!!!(turbo all the way)!!!!!!

good number 79!!!! thumbs up

For years, ever since i got into Mustangs, i always said i'd be content with a 12 second car. Now that i'm there i can officially tell you that's total BS..lol. Now i'm saying i'll be happy with 11s, since much more than that and i'm gonna have to really shell out some cash.

The peak numbers are nice, especially the torque, but the powerband does look rather narrow. It all seems to be happening from 3000-5500rpm with not much on either side.
Have you had the engine computer dyno tuned? It's possible the timing and fuel curves are some way below optimum.

I agree that its probably in the tune, but since I'll be building a new engine shortly, I cant see spending the money to have it tuned. The curve really doesn't bother me at all, I'm used to driving mostly high rpm cars at work so it just feels like one of those.

Beast, keep in mind the intake you used flows about 85cfm less than mine, so yours definitly should make more torque than mine down low in any situation, its just a shame yours got wrecked, I really wanted to race you lol. We have a skid pad and dyno ($50 for 3 runs) where I work, so if you ever get another mustang or something and your down this way let me know.

I changed the scaling on of the graph today and it makes the curves look much better. Looking at it now I dont think there is any problem with the current tune although getting a tune would help to optimize the power potential and drive ability.
img04786293421md2.jpg

Attachments

• img04786293421md2.jpg
    img04786293421md2.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 58