Dynoed The Notch Today.

RARE NOTCH

Nov 3, 2007
Ohio
Wow boy was i suprised in a good way to. Ok here is the mod list. The motor is stock with the timing advanced to 14 degrease. It has a off road h=pipe and a flowmaster cat back and a 355 gear. So i was expecting around 210 or so.I did
3 pulls. And the first pull Was 241.0rwhp and 311.0 rwtq. I was like WOW!!! Way more then what i thought. The next pull was 241.9 rwhp and 310.rwtq. i was floored. And the last pull was you guessed it 241.5 rwhp and 310.0rwtq. Tell me that isnt a consistent or what. I am still amazed on what it put down. I must of had the motor built on a tuesday or wednesday. or i got a factory freak. Now cant wait to see what it does with the h/c/i im doing over the winter.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah the last time i had it at the track before i bumped the timing and it still had the air silencer in it it went a 13.55 at 101 with a 1.9 60ft on street tires. Havent taken it since i took it out and bumped the timing to 14 degress. I think it should go 13.2 and a good day.

Every dyno is going to put out different readings. Its all in how they are calibrated. I wouldn't be too happy if I were you until I went to the track and came back with some real numbers that back up your dyno numbers. Dyno racing is :notnice:

Every dyno is going to put out different readings. Its all in how they are calibrated. I wouldn't be too happy if I were you until I went to the track and came back with some real numbers that back up your dyno numbers. Dyno racing is :notnice:

Well he has track numbers, and they seem real good for his mods. There could be more work done to it, or it could be one damn fast stocker, no way to know.

There was not a 5.0 made that can do 13.5 off the show room floor. It sounds like there was some head work and intake porting done. Wouldn't surprise me if there were gears also. :shrug:

His numbers seem to backup his HP like 25th said.. and its not a stock off the showroom floor car.. he has full exhaust, advanced timing and 3.55 gears...

His numbers seem to backup his HP like 25th said.. and its not a stock off the showroom floor car.. he has full exhaust, advanced timing and 3.55 gears...

Full exhaust will free up some HP and also take away low end torque on a stocker. Gears would explain a better then stock ET but adds no HP or Torque.

Hey, Cosby got a best of "I think" a 13.99 on a stocker. And that was with all the free mods. I'm just not buying a 13.5 will full exhaust, timing & gears.

Full exhaust will free up some HP and also take away low end torque on a stocker. Gears would explain a better then stock ET but adds no HP or Torque.

Hey, Cosby got a best of "I think" a 13.99 on a stocker. And that was with all the free mods. I'm just not buying a 13.5 will full exhaust, timing & gears.

Well then dont buy it. And that 13.5 was still at stock timing and the air silencer
in there. On street tires to. My home track is Summit raceway park. And i can drive
to so that helps. I grew up at the track since i was 3years old.

I have real numbers. 13.5 at 101mph and a 1.9 60ft on street tires. The car weights 3040lbs with a half a tank and the spare tire in the trunk. So if that isnt real for you then dont believe me then i dont care. Was just posting my numbers
is all.