e-brake handle assembly

Pitch4pd

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2002
Allentown
Hopefully this should be a pretty easy question to answer. The other day I pulled up on my e-brake as usual when I went to get out of my 90 gt, to my suprise I had the button flying out followed by what I think was a spring. As usual I was late to class so I had no time to search for the parts. Now I cant find them (could of flew out of the car with my luck) and the handle wont lock into position. If I pull the handle it will stop the car, but the handle wont lock into that position making it useless for parking and therefore failing PA inspection. Can anyone explain to me what could be missing (I am thinking just a spring and the button) and how the assembly works so I can attempt to McGuyver something to get it to pass inspection as a new assembly is about 100 more than what I want to spend on something that doesnt get used beyond holding the car if it slips out of gear.

Thanks
Charles

• Sponsors (?)

Those buttons will wear out over time. the little ring on them (from the spring pressure) will get flimsy causing it to shoot off. It happened in mine a while back and i had to use a book to prop the handle up until i found another one. I believe someone makes thm in a billet aluminum that is supposed to hold up better, but i cant remember for the life of me who it was... you might wanna search for that.. :shrug: