E-brake light went on when brake pedal is press?

I just came home from work and right before I stop at the stop sign, I press the brake pedal down considerably hard and then I saw the E-brake light came on.. Then when I brake to turn in to my house, I notice that the light came on only when I press the brake pedal down pretty far.

Once I stopped at my driveway, I tried pressing the brake pedal real hard but the light did not come up. It seems to come up only when I press brake far more than I needed while the car is rolling.. any ideas? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

CottonBurnerz said:
I just came home from work and right before I stop at the stop sign, I press the brake pedal down considerably hard and then I saw the E-brake light came on.. Then when I brake to turn in to my house, I notice that the light came on only when I press the brake pedal down pretty far.

Once I stopped at my driveway, I tried pressing the brake pedal real hard but the light did not come up. It seems to come up only when I press brake far more than I needed while the car is rolling.. any ideas? :shrug:

Sounds like the brake fluid is low. As far as the light, it's your brake system light altogether, not just your e-brake light. If something is the matter with your brake system, this same light will come on. Is this on your 03? Take it in and make them check it out at the dealership !!!

I had the same problem, turned out there was a slow leak in the right rear caliper. If there is ANY fluid missing, I would give the entire system an inspection. Brakes are one thing you really don't want to overlook.