Earthquake In Oklahoma? - Rum For The Quake

• Sponsors (?)

Ew.

I was less than 1/8 mile from where a tornado touched down in MA two years ago. I had a go pro in my windshield but never turned it on. That was a scary sight to see.

We also get earthquakes, and hurricanes, and blizzards, and just a mix of it all.

Hopefully nobody was hurt by this latest earthquake

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ew.

I was less than 1/8 mile from where a tornado touched down in MA two years ago. I had a go pro in my windshield but never turned it on. That was a scary sight to see.

We also get earthquakes, and hurricanes, and blizzards, and just a mix of it all.

Hopefully nobody was hurt by this latest earthquake

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
It was centered about fifty miles west of us in a town called Shawnee. the news says there is damage out there, no pictures yet though.

It was centered about fifty miles west of us in a town called Shawnee. the news says there is damage out there, no pictures yet though.
Actually, I think it was Pawnee. Little town northwest of Stillwater.

My parents felt it. They live southeast of OKC near a little community called Newalla. Wife and I are in Dallas with my in laws right now and I didn't feel it this morning.

Actually, I think it was Pawnee. Little town northwest of Stillwater.

My parents felt it. They live southeast of OKC near a little community called Newalla. Wife and I are in Dallas with my in laws right now and I didn't feel it this morning.
You're right, I heard Shawnee from the news people right after it happened.

It's not bad even there, grocery stores look to be a bit of a mess though. An older building lost some of it's bricks too.

I think the important thing here is all of the time being wasted on an earthquake as though they don't realize college football starts today! What's wrong with people's priorities, huh @madmike1157 ?

My buddy's parents are in Big Cabin and said it was nuts
I was stationed at Fort Ord, Ca back in'83-'84 and went through a few earthquakes there that were worse than this, but still......this is Oklahoma!

I understand back in the late 1800's that the largest known quake in the continental US was in the Midwest. It changed the course of the Mississippi. Some reason that always sticks in the back of my mind.

Reactions: 1 user
No problems in KY lol Seen a few tornadoes in the past though-pretty scary stuff
I know what you mean Chris, A couple years ago we had one go directly over our house and it touched down about a mile of us. They're kind of hypnotic to watch, instead of trying to find cover, I stood in the middle of our street just mesmerized by it. I guess had it started to dip down I might have sprinted for cover.

You're right, I heard Shawnee from the news people right after it happened.

It's not bad even there, grocery stores look to be a bit of a mess though. An older building lost some of it's bricks too.

I think the important thing here is all of the time being wasted on an earthquake as though they don't realize college football starts today! What's wrong with people's priorities, huh @madmike1157 ?
If you are thinking that I could give a rat's red bunion hole about football, you don't know your red bunion holes.

I understand back in the late 1800's that the largest known quake in the continental US was in the Midwest. It changed the course of the Mississippi. Some reason that always sticks in the back of my mind.

New Madrid fault, about 160 miles south of STL. We've been waiting for that one to go off again, there have been a couple small ones over the last few years out of it that have woken me up but everyone knows its due for a big one eventually.

New Madrid fault, about 160 miles south of STL. We've been waiting for that one to go off again, there have been a couple small ones over the last few years out of it that have woken me up but everyone knows its due for a big one eventually.
That's right, years ago I took my kids to see the arch and they have a museum down there, if I remember right. Didn't they find a ship out in a field where the Mississippi used to run?

I think that was part of the display.