easiest way to a stroked motor?

StangyStealth

Founding Member
Dec 20, 2001
West Texas
hey guys... i had heard somewhere that you can mix 302 and 351 internals for a stroker motor.. i know that a 30 over bore on a 302 = a 306.. but what if you use the 351 crank? Which rods to use? I am wanting a 331 or a 347, but heard the 347 is not a good choice for stock block?

• Sponsors (?)

NOt positive on the crank issue but i THINK everything is the smae on the internals. If you are buying a stroker kit it will come with the new crank anyways hopefully already balacned for your motor. The 347's of course produce a lil more power because it has more overall cubes. I've heard and i haven;t put mine together yet to speak for myself that they are famous for burning a lil bit of oil. The rod geometry for these kits is a lil more unstable but are great for low rpm torque. I really wouldn;t push the motor much above 6500 or so on a stock block. If you are wanting to build a high rpm motor for trsack use mainly you would one want to go with solid lifters and solid cam, two probably with a 331.

Crank journals are different, rod journals are a different size and deck height is different....

You can use a 393 stroker crank, stock 351W rods and a stock 302 piston to make a 393/396.

Rick 91GT said:
Crank journals are different, rod journals are a different size and deck height is different....

You can use a 393 stroker crank, stock 351W rods and a stock 302 piston to make a 393/396.

On a 351 short block? Hum that would be a cheap stroker. How much HP can stock forged 302 pistons handle? maybe 400 HP to the ground?