Easiest way to get to 600whp?

bnjf

Dec 5, 2011
Alright I know this may be too much for the streets but I'm not normal.lol . I had an 04 cobra and am now getting back in to the fox body scene. Bring back my later teen years. Anyway I want 600whp on pump gas as a weekend worrior. What is the most cost effective way? Don't get me wrong, I know it won't be cheap but I don't know if a blower set up is the way to go or natural aspirated, which would be prefered. So what block and set up would work best??

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

You asked for the "easiest way". I believe that is going to be big boost.

More cubes will do it, but it isn't always easy. A lot of work goes into building an engine properly and making it reach 600 hp without coming apart on you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever been in a 600hp car? It's not exactly a common street car. It is a lot of power.

I remember the first time I experience around 500 hp. It was in a chevy truck with a 454, aluminum heads, etc. Anyway you get the point. It had so much torque leaving the stop light that it twisted the drive shaft and threw it over 100 yards down the highway. I was so glad to get out of that truck and even more happy no one was killed from the drive shaft getting thrown. I'm not exagerating either, I mean I went and picked up that drive shaft literally 100+ yards away. The only reason I knew where it went was because I saw sparks from it bouncing off the pavement and it was twisted like a beer can.

Anyhow you can get the power easier with boost. And it can be a lot of fun, but it can also be more power than you might really want. I am more into N/A engines. I just find it more fun to try and reach a HP goal without FI, but it doesn't matter how you get it as long as your happy in the end.

You asked for the "easiest way". I believe that is going to be big boost.

More cubes will do it, but it isn't always easy. A lot of work goes into building an engine properly and making it reach 600 hp without coming apart on you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever been in a 600hp car? It's not exactly a common street car. It is a lot of power.

I remember the first time I experience around 500 hp. It was in a chevy truck with a 454, aluminum heads, etc. Anyway you get the point. It had so much torque leaving the stop light that it twisted the drive shaft and threw it over 100 yards down the highway. I was so glad to get out of that truck and even more happy no one was killed from the drive shaft getting thrown. I'm not exagerating either, I mean I went and picked up that drive shaft literally 100+ yards away. The only reason I knew where it went was because I saw sparks from it bouncing off the pavement and it was twisted like a beer can.

Anyhow you can get the power easier with boost. And it can be a lot of fun, but it can also be more power than you might really want. I am more into N/A engines. I just find it more fun to try and reach a HP goal without FI, but it doesn't matter how you get it as long as your happy in the end.
Yeah my KB 04 termi was 610 to the wheels. It was a blast! I didn't really use all the power but it sure was nice to have. I guess I really don't want to feel inadequate pulling up against some of these newer cars pumping out crazy numbers. Lol. How much power would a stroked 351 to 408 yield?

stock big blocks out of a 70's truck with a H/C/I can do about 5-550hp on a good day. But the torque would be absolutely ridiculous. Not sure of the options of aftermarket big blocks.

Easiest way, r, boss, dart block 347 (with h/c/i)with vortech ysi or procharger, i'm pretty sure it can even be done with a t trim.
There are many ways to do it, but since no matter how you slice it you are going to need boost, why bother weighing down the nose with a heavy big block.

There are plenty of guys out there with 347 or 363 dart blocks making 650+ on a Si-Trim. You could go the 408 H/C/I route with a S or Si Trim, and that should get you there. I'm making 531 RWHP with a bone stock 302 bottom end and only 12 PSI from a S-Trim.

Easiest way is a 351 based stroker. You can easily make 600 and theres room on the table if you want to go faster. The key is a high flowing H/C/I on whatever stroker combo you decide. Getting a aftermarket 351 block (Dart) will allow you stroker configurations the stock block cyl. walls are too thin for.

But i digress

If you have to build a motor from scratch why not start with a 351?

Chris

Member-4Jenna (Chris E.) makes 776HP at the wheels with his 331ci / Turbo / E85 Fuel / Auto Tranny. He's currently swapping the Holley intake for TFS Short runner for higher RPM. As you can see he drives it on the street and it does look like a typical 12 second SN95. He run's 9's with it. If you want a blue print for 600+HP and driven on the street then this is the set up you want for your goal.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/my-saturday-in-my-turbo-stang.846930/

Reactions: 1 user
Member-4Jenna (Chris E.) makes 776HP at the wheels with his 331ci / Turbo / E85 Fuel / Auto Tranny. He's currently swapping the Holley intake for TFS Short runner for higher RPM. As you can see he drives it on the street and it does look like a typical 12 second SN95. He run's 9's with it. If you want a blue print for 600+HP and driven on the street then this is the set up you want for your goal.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/my-saturday-in-my-turbo-stang.846930/

ANYBODY MAKING 776 RWHP :hail:

GOT DIZZZZAAAAMMMM!!!!!!

If I were to do it over again and I wanted more out of mine. I would have done a Dart based 427 with some heavily hogged out TFS heads and a custom cam. You will have tons a of torque, and you can hit your hp goal at the same time.

If I were to do it over again and I wanted more out of mine. I would have done a Dart based 427 with some heavily hogged out TFS heads and a custom cam. You will have tons a of torque, and you can hit your hp goal at the same time.
And this could be done naturally aspirated? 600whp?