Easiest way to take out the door re-bars

Steeda Q

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
Kitchener, Ontario
Its a 00 Vert ... I was wondering how to take out the bars from inside the doors, do they need to be cut out, how did you do it (those that did), with a grinder...i just had a quick glance and didnt notice it unbolting anywhere

thx 4 help

• Sponsors (?)

I'd be scared to cut any bars in any door. I'm assuming the bar you are referring to are the side impact bars built into the door. The sides of cars already have such a difficult time with creating crush zones and keeping occupants safe. Those flimsy bars whether plastic, metal, etc. in the doors go a long way in working together to keep the cabin safe. I'm assuming you have a roll cage with the numbers in your sig so keeping the bars in the door + the roll cage I think would be superior to just the roll cage.

I don't know what your project is or what your goals are (from your sig it seems pretty serious) but I would defer towards safety and losing weight in other areas of the car if I could.

thx guys i'll find another way to lose 10lbs...i know some people have removed them but they dont seem to be meant to be removed easily...

car gets ocasionally street driven and raced here and there it is just a toy but I am looking to cut as much weight as i can out of it...i got the kmember in it already...

thx guys i'll find another way to lose 10lbs...i know some people have removed them but they dont seem to be meant to be removed easily...

car gets ocasionally street driven and raced here and there it is just a toy but I am looking to cut as much weight as i can out of it...i got the kmember in it already...

Some of the basics I have done: aluminum flywheel (-5lbs), aluminum driveshaft (-7lbs), lightweight battery (-20 lbs), keep the interior of my car clean mod, lose 10 lbs myself :D

If I had the money I would do an aluminum block, k member, and find some lighter wheels. But I'm pretty happy right now. Losing weight is fun. Best of luck. :flag:

aluminum block is big money, I have weld wheels, k-member, alum. driveshaft, no bumpers padding and rebars, no sway bar no rear seat, V6 seats but looking for more i will probably swap out the TKO for a C4 soon and loose few pounds the TKO with the scattershield weights more than the C4