Eastern Iowa Mustang Owners

DRKSD

Nov 29, 1999
Iowa
Hey everyone,

I know there used to be an Eastern Iowa Mustang Club but from what I've been able to dig up on the internet it seems as though it's folded. Anyway, just wanted to throw a thread out there and see if there are any StangNet members in the Eastern Iowa Region that are active and maybe want to see about starting to have a few cruises or get togethers or garage parties or something.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Davenport, Dubuque...

*shrugs* Sound off if your an Eastern Iowan and lets figure something out.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm from Kalona....
I don't think I could do a club or anything-schedule doesn't allow it really-but a few shows in the summer or something would be cool. Might be able to round up a few friends if someone were to put something together. My brother has 3, I have 2, a close friend has an '04 Mach, and another friend has a 96 GT. Don't know who would come out or anything, but I could ask if something come up. As for CR area, someone needs to post a show schedule somewhere for Eastern Iowa. I know of a couple events that I regularly attend in Waterloo, and one in the Quad Cities that I have gone to once, but I haven't seen much posted for the CR area.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice to hear from a fellow Iowan at any rate. Since I posted this topic I've made contact with the All Iowa Mustang Club which is apparently centered here in Cedar Rapids. I had drill this past weekend on their scheduled meeting day but I intend to chack them out next month at the very least. There's not much up on their website alliowamustangclub.com, however I spoke to their current president and it seems they are about 40 or so paying members strong.

Will update as I gather further information.

Sounds good. Depending what outfit your with, chances are you already know my brother-he just transferred from the CR armory to IC, I think in September....

Only show I know of here in CR is Duffy's. I too, dont have the open schedule to be able to organize events and such, but would show up to cruise-ins from time to time in this general area.

As an update to this thread, I posted this one:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/quad-cities-mustang-club.855799/

I've been to two of their meetings and one of their events so far. No due's required for membership, and they've got some good networking relationships with other clubs/shows/expo's in the area, as well as a nice plump calendar filled with meetings, cruises, events, parades, etc.

The QCMC is very far along in development for beings such a young club (only 2 years old), but it's also still young enough for new members to walk right in and start making significant contributions. I highly suggest that anyone in Eastern Iowa or Western Illinois check this club out. It's a bit of a drive from Cedar Rapids, but frankly who actually minds driving their Mustang, right?