Eaton M90 95 GT (in works)

Lumpy Idle

Since I installed the s/c my idle is very lumpy. I still have stock cams. I also noticed that my check engine light has come on. When you hit the gas it goes just fine but the idle is irregular. Could this be because I have not had it tuned?

• Sponsors (?)

yes, its becuase of no tune, the car will run very rough and be straving for fuel until a tune, your airfuel ratio is gonna be off for a supercharger, I suggest if you drive it dont get on it at ALL until a tune as you risk hurting your motor.

Edit: also with that pulley, you'll be lucky to see 3 psi.

Intake manifold gasket was leaking. Idle problem fixed. 2 minutes after getting it to idle ok the stock tensioner pulley cracked it's housing. :( I can either find another stock one or fab one on my own. I still have not figured out how I am going to extend the throttle cable yet. And worst of all.....my stock hood will NOT close. I am off by 1". DAMN! bad day:mad:

The hood only needs to go down like 1". I may just chop the 1" off the S/C top piece made. Or buy an older Eclipse hood. Just Kidding! frustrating day. My neighbor said he can weld the part that broke on the idler. My welder is only flux core and will not work. I'm sure it will all work out. I tried to contact Jim Bowey about how he extended his throttle cable but have gotten no reply yet.

i've tried emailing you twice but get errors from earthlink

here's my reply:
Buy a different (longer than stock) throttle cable and slide it inside of the protective sleeve. Then extend the sleeve so that it covers the remainder of the cable. I don't know which brand throttle cable was used, sorry. I suggest going into an auto parts place and comparing the length of the stocker. Sliding the cable through the protective sleeve is going to be a PITA by the way.

DONE, IT RUNS

I finally figured out the problem. Somehow, in the process of putting this S/C on my car The #4 fuel injector came unplugged. Now it runs better. It is only hitting 3psi with the stock pulley. I need to get the smaller pulley and a tune still. But, WOW what a difference! The car is so much more powerful. When you press the pedal it ised to go faster. Now you can actually feel the front lift a bit and the back squat a bit. It rides and sounds sweet now. What a sweet way to add HP to your car. I chopped a little off of the top of the S/c and now the STOCK HOOD closes nicely. I have not fabricated a new strut bar yet. More pics when it gets painted up.

Runs Very good. I had a few small issues but they are all sorted out now. Need a boost retard badly!. I have the timing set at 1 degree and it still detonates at high RMP. I have 7lbs of boost. I have an appointment to get it Dynoed and Tuned on Saturday. Hopefully this will help. I will post results Sat night or Sunday.

Runs Very good. I had a few small issues but they are all sorted out now. Need a boost retard badly!. I have the timing set at 1 degree and it still detonates at high RMP. I have 7lbs of boost. I have an appointment to get it Dynoed and Tuned on Saturday. Hopefully this will help. I will post results Sat night or Sunday.

i experienced the same sort of detonation
running race gas cured that problem :nice: 110 octane baby! :D

Disappointment at the DYNO.

I ran my best at 205hp and 283 torque. The guy who tuned said I need new spark plugs. Mine are still original. He said that he had to pull too much timing to get it to not detonate. I was commended for my efforts by everyone who worked there. The owner of the shop said he has been telling people for 15 years that the eaton m-90 will NOT go on this car. I proved him wrong. I also noticed after the dyno runs that the throttle cable extension I made had slipped and the car was not getting the throttlebody open all the way. Needless to say I am very disappointed.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 152
I forgot to mention that somewhere in the back of the engine there is an oil leak. Oil was burning off of my exhaust near the mufflers and a light cloud of smoke was coming somewhere in the back of the engine. The valve cover on the passenger side has a decent amount of oil on it. I do not see where the leak is coming from. I think I will have to pull the intake manifold off to find it.

ok, I think something was seriously wrong there, its like your not even making boost at all???

with a few minor bolt-ons(no charger) my dyno run was 226hp/265tq, tq was a bit low, dunno why but most report more tq than that, with it close to stock.

What was your AFR and what did he have your total timing set at?