ebay again

LXXVICOBRA said:
Hey Blue...here ya go! Wow...
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2473677339&category=6236

This looks to be one of those sports group option type cars, but with a standard interior. Who knows about the suspension on this car however, especially with the V6.

This one has got me :shrug:
-no fill on the rad hose
-overflow on the wrong side
-engine braces maybe cause of the T-top Iam I wrong

plus its funny 10,000 Org miles no rust in Florida u-huh

• Sponsors (?)

zwhitr said:
-no fill on the rad hose

I've had several II's over the years, V6, V8, auto, 4-speed, 76-78, and I've never had one with the fill on the rad hose...
No idea on the overflow (its been a few years since I looked at a stock V6)
From what I can see, the engine braces are the same as the ones in my T-top. I think all the T-tops started out with them, regardless of engine.

zwhitr said:
-no fill on the rad hose

plus its funny 10,000 Org miles no rust in Florida u-huh

seems right to me...2.8L V6 ... cold air intake is on the driver's side, so the overflow is either non-existant or on the passenger side (I don't remember which). The 2.8L also always had the filler on top of the radiator. The braces are in all the T-Top cars.

Blue coyote said:
I've had several II's over the years, V6, V8, auto, 4-speed, 76-78, and I've never had one with the fill on the rad hose...
No idea on the overflow (its been a few years since I looked at a stock V6)
From what I can see, the engine braces are the same as the ones in my T-top. I think all the T-tops started out with them, regardless of engine.

'76 - early '77 V8 should always have no filler on the radiator, and have a filler inline with the upper hose. Not sure if that started with '75 or not, but it did end in mid '77 and only was like that in the V8 cars.

a351Must2 said:
'76 - early '77 V8 should always have no filler on the radiator, and have a filler inline with the upper hose. Not sure if that started with '75 or not, but it did end in mid '77 and only was like that in the V8 cars.

'75 V8's did have inline filler, same as '76. I didn't know about the early '77 V8's.

It appears the Cobra that I made reference to in an earlier posting in this thread has sold for $4700...with only two serious bidders in contention over 4K.
Since CobraIILover's car went for considerably more (with several bidders still interested in paying upwards of 7K... I must conclude, that his attention to detail and restoration efforts were well compensated for and are recognized by discriminate buyers, despite the fact he may have lost money overall considering the dollars he had into it in NOS parts.
In any case, it would seem that Cobras in above average semi restored or better conditions are at least holding or rising in value somewhat, despite what seems to still be only moderate demand at this time.
As a sidenote about the car sold in this auction, (which Cobraman mentioned was also for sale previously)...interestingly, I couldn't help but to wonder why anyone would have orderd it to be equipted with a deluxe interior and courtesy light group, yet have no clock and a radio option that did not include the speakers in the doors.