Ebay bidding...

2nd Mustang

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2002
Southern California
Not Stang related, not even car related, but I was in the market for a new U.S. flag to replace my old worn out one in my patio, so went to Ebay and found one with a "Buy it now" price of $6.99, so placed my high bid as $6.98 as there were no bids. The starting bid was $5.99 so I thought with a day and so many hours left, it would be a sure winner. The next day someone bid higher than me at $7.48 :shrug: Is this part of the new math?

• Sponsors (?)

That's exacly how it works. I sold a 10lb nitrous bottle last year that I paid $130 for brand new a few years before. I started the bid at $75 with a "Buy it Now" for $100. Because people just upped it a bit at a time, it went for $132.50! Ebay is like Blackjack, if you're gonna play the game, it pays to learn the rules!

Max Power said:
Why didn't you just Buy it Now? This over a penny?

In many auctions, the buy it now price goes away after the first bid.

With only a day and hours left, just trying to "play" the game. I could've just gone to a store, paid a lot more and be done with it, besides, the same seller had several other auctions going for the same item, so purchased another one at the "buy it now" price.

Pakrat said:
Ah, but how much have you paid for repro parts on your american icon that were likely made overseas? I thought that was what America stood for these days, made someplace else. :shrug:

Apples and Oranges in my opinion.

My father is burried in a Veterans cemetary and the flag from his coffin adorns the top shelf in my office. Every time I look at his flag, or go to the cemetary and look at the thousands and thousands of headstones, I remeber each of them represents someone who risk life and limb for the United States of America. The flag is a reresentation of what they defended.

Just for the record, I do, at every opportunity, buy American made. It is not a question of cost. If the item I am looking for exists made in America I will pay a premium price to buy it over it's foreign made counterpart. I know not everyone will agree with me, and I'm OK with that. I just feel that when I buy something not made in America I am disrespecting those who made this country great (not just military, but also inventors, scientists, etc), and I would be helping to lessen it's power.

The preceding has been the opinion of gp001. Your opinion may vary. No cash value. Can not be combined with any other offer.