Ebay CAI Seriously?

• Sponsors (?)

get the ebay CAI it will give the same results and if not what`s the difference going to be 1-2hp? also www.procarparts.com has 2 different CAI`s for the 3.8L. 1 for $69.99 the other for $79.99. even on an 03-04 cobra different CAI designs wont make more than 10 hp difference

When someone asks what brand we can say that we have Mac CAI, not "Dunno, bought it from Ebay". That's about the only difference, oh, and about $90.

;)

Doesn't matter to me, it's all performance anyways. I just have a good paying job so I preferred to get brand name.

i just installed my Ebay CAI recently, and i love the way it looks. You can also feel the car pulling a little quicker, and a little harder, and you can hear it in some instances, just lets u know its working, lol :nice:

ok, let me give you guys the rundown, the cai that they sell EBAY are same exact product as any 160-180 dollar ones. EXCEPT
The only difference is the filter they come with is some cheap good for nothing restricting mofo. :notnice:
thats why the CAI's are cheap, if you add a good K&N filter to that CAI the price will jump to the 100's.
So go ahead and buy the one from ebay and also get a K&N filter that will fit that CAI, and you will have a GREAT CAI. :nice:

PonyJoe said:
When someone asks what brand we can say that we have Mac CAI, not "Dunno, bought it from Ebay". That's about the only difference, oh, and about $90.

;)

Doesn't matter to me, it's all performance anyways. I just have a good paying job so I preferred to get brand name.

I have a good paying job also...but the more money I can save in one spot, the more I can spend on another :)

I just got an ebay cold air kit, it's easy to install, looks as good as any other i've seen, and makes a huge difference in performance. I can hear it sucking in the car when I really get on it. Ebay for sure :nice:

On my ex girlfriend's 2000 V6 we put a MAC CAI in, and it sounded good and helped with the pickup. It was all stock and fully loaded aside from that, and ran a 16.3 :sleep:. Had I known about the Ebay ones at the time though, I think I would have bought one of those instead. The difference can't be all that great.