Ebay CAI's: Which one?

Scott_95GT

Oct 8, 2004
Sacramento
I recieved a FIPK as a gift awhile back, and have been running it for awhile. However, it has an open filter element, which gets hot engine air blown directly into it from the fan.

Here's my question:
I've decided to get a fenderwell CAI for cheap off ebay to give her a nice breath of fresh air. But which one? There are tons of them out there. Has anyone had a specifically good experience with a certain one? I'm sure they're pretty much all the same, it would just be nice to have some assurance before I order.

Thanks guys:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

The Green GT said:
I was also thinking about getting an eBay CAI. But I wirry about the fenderwell CAI when driving in the rain. Is this a problem?

lol from what ive seen the cold air design for our stangs dont hang out on the ground like the ricer civic ones ive seen. looks like it just goes straight into the fender and thats it. Imma order one real soon and im going to order the cheapest one i can find on ebay basically. Ill probably spray mine with black paint too so it doesn't look so flashy

Yeah, the only thing that goes way down low like that is that is the old March ram air kit for Foxes. It has a sideways vent that looks like a mid-90's camaro exhaust tip, and has a tube to the air filter. I wonder if they still sell those?

ANYWAYS, anyone have a good experience with a certain ebay CAI? Fit & finish is important to me, and you never know with cheap aftermarket companies.

There was a recent thread about this, and the one (of several) that stood out in my mind was the one that Bill got. It looked pretty nice, esp for the cash. A quick search of his posts (or some time for him to see this thread) would reveal it.

Good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
There was a recent thread about this, and the one (of several) that stood out in my mind was the one that Bill got. It looked pretty nice, esp for the cash. A quick search of his posts (or some time for him to see this thread) would reveal it.

Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look for his thread/s. I should have searched first anyways. I've been around here long enough to know better. lol

:nice:

I had an aluminum one that ended up looking like crap in a short time. i sold that and got a chrome one that has been looking great since i got it. the only thing is on the fender piece where its bent always seem to start to rust. im not sure what company i got it from but it wasnt more than $30. the only suggestion i have before you install it, is to paint the fender piece to avoid the rust. :cheers: