Ebay special

BarnStang

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
Hagerstown, MD
One of our new customers got taken on evilbay. Can someone let me know if I can post the Ebay members name (username) or not. He did call the customer back, but now claimes someone else built this motor, not him. This is a cryin shame here...
Barnstang/Customer/1968 Black Mustang - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One of the pictures should be a movie. Our engine builder with his full weight on a breaker bar, trying to turn this crank.

THis motor is supposed to have forged steel crank (not), Keith Black pistons(not), h beam rods (not), ARP rod & main bolts (not), rockers ran down onto the casting with an impact (no picture of that) that dented the bottoms of all the roller rockers...and more.

I'll post up the ebay members name if the customer does not get an resolution.

I'll put this in: The motor came from North Carolina.

• Sponsors (?)

DAMN!!! This is why I build my own motors. It looks to me like the oil pickup tube is what was stoping the motor from turning over? Is is the wrong style of pickup tube for that oil pan? What the hell was up with the hole in the cam bearing jurnal?

at least it has an aftermarket rotating assembly in it lol

DSC02056.jpg

is that a divot in the bearing journal?

Attachments

• DSC02056.jpg
    DSC02056.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 43
I would look at the ebay add and not just take the word of the customer. If it was me that got screwed, I would be posting not my mechanic. It looks like some one did alot of creative hammer work on the oil pan that clearly caused the oil pump issue. Was that the customer trying to clear the crossmember, or that way when he got it? Have you seen the ebay add that claimed all the parts and condition of the motor? I have seen people do stupid things, take it to a pro to fix it, and claim it was some one else that did it. I would let your customer make his case and offer proof.

OK, we got the crank out. It was still locked up solid with no main caps and THREE rod caps. The oil pump was put on like that, all of it was done delibertily. This was not stupidity, not carelessness, it was knowingly done. They schelaked the head gaskets, and coated the STOCK head bolts with antiseize...on and on. WHen they did the backyard roller conversion, they DRILLED THROUGH THE CAM BEARINGS into the cam journals from the lifter valley when putting the spider retainer in, not once, but TWICE on one of the journls.
So, the customer came in today to see the carnage. He finally started laughing cause its just so bad it's funney. My coworker is an certified engine builder and has been building engines of all types nearly all his life. He said he has never seen anything this bad.
THe customer called the guy up and left a message, and he actually called back 10 min later. I emailed the guy my photobucket link and my coworker explained the problems in detail. THe guy said he did not build the motor, and will return all the money paid, and will drive up from NC to get the motor and refund the payent. Until that happens, (or doesen't) I'm going to keep his name and ebay ID private. If he resolves the problem as promised, then I see no reason to rake him over the coals. It seems to us from what we overheard that the guy had no idea what had happened to this motor. We will see.
Anyway, thought you all would get a kick out of such a nightmare. If this guy is legit, and refunds the money, I imagine he will be having a little talk with the guy he got the motor from...