Ed Curtis Cam is here!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm positve I'll need it.
I'm going to talk to JMS about a chip. I've heard they are good chips. Yes I know Tweecer is the way to go but I work 6 days a week and work around the house on the 7th and really don't have time to learn how to use one. I mean I've thought about buying one but I'm rarely home. Sadly there is no where close to take it to be tuned... and gas prices are astronomical right now.

What do you think Killer? Teach me.. you da man! :nice:

What kind of goals did you tell Ed you have? What did you ask for? Seems like alot of duration on the exhaust side for an AFR headed cam. 165's flow awesome on the exhaust side, doesn't seem like they would need any help.

Jake

Why is everybody telling him not to post the specs if he wants to !!???

It's his cam, he paid for it with his money. I mean damn, if Ed didnt want people knowing the specs on cams he grinds, then why suppy the buyer with them ??

I think this "do tell" **** is total junk. I mean the cam be got CUSTOM made for his combo, should only work well with his combo, so whats the big secret ???

and everyone else with his same combo :nice:

If I got a custom cam I personally wouldnt want everyone knowing what it was if it did really good :p

I'm going to be going with a FTI cam once I get my car boosted and running good.

1105 said:
and everyone else with his same combo :nice:

If I got a custom cam I personally wouldnt want everyone knowing what it was if it did really good :p

I'm going to be going with a FTI cam once I get my car boosted and running good.

Good point, but who has his Exact combo ?

...and to go deeper into to the "cam specs secret by FTI", how many people grind their own cams or knows somebody that does besides Buddy ??

its not like poeple will be able to coppy it.....

i mean you can to an extent... but it wont be the same. I hear he gets comp to grind the specs he gives? or is that not true. once comp gives the new cam lobe selection chart one could come close

you need alot more than duration at .050 and lift and lsa

.020 .050 and .100 would tell more of the story and the valve timing events and lift. then you could almost match it or come close and just get it on one of their fast ramp rate lobes with the xe or the xeR or whatever

Speaking for myself here...

I for one don't care to give out my specs, I have in the past but I know longer will. I mean I'm on here every day helping people with my time and the little bit of knowledge I have, so if I want to keep my specs to myself, why shouldn't I. Ed doesn't give specs to his cam buyers until AFTER they pay for it, so why should I give it out to everyone on the net? I remember being all mad that the FTI cam owners wouldn't give me a ball park idea of their specs when I was looking into one, but now I understand why. Its sort of a personal pride thing for me, and its done in respect of Ed. I lack the ability to pick my own cam so I relyed on him to do it, why should others that didn't pay for his knowledge and time benefit from it. Unlike most of us on the boards here, this is his livelyhood and its how his bills get paid. If I show my combo and others go out and buy the same parts due to my sucess with them, so be it. Its not hurting my "livelyhood" in anyway, the same can't be said about Ed so to speak. My cam is one thing I sort of cherrish in a weird sort of way on my car, call me weird but I do. I like knowing that this one part was made for my car and my combo based on what I wanted. I will help anyone make their car as fast as it can be, and I'll tell anyone what I did to run my times and what parts I'm running... just not my cam specs.

One the flip side, snoozer is right, even with the cam card figures, it would be almost impossible to grind the cam EXACTLY as Ed has designed it due to ramp rates and such.

Hitman- if you want to post them, go right ahead as they are now your specs... its just not "common practice"