Edelbrock E-street Heads

Stang9597

Jul 20, 2016
KY
I recently bought a used set of edelbrock E-Street Heads. They have 1.90 intake and 1.60 exhaust. Model number 5023. They were the only ones in my budget and anything is better than the stock e-7 heads.. should I put a better valve train in the heads..( valve springs and rocker studs)? I've heard people tell me that they cheaped out on that part of the heads to compete with the cheap Chinese alluminum heads.. any opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

If it's with in your budget, why not upgrade?

On the other hand,if the equipped valve train is in good working order,you could run it and spend money elsewhere .

Sorry for no actual useful info lol :)

I recently bought a used set of edelbrock E-Street Heads. They have 1.90 intake and 1.60 exhaust. Model number 5023. They were the only ones in my budget and anything is better than the stock e-7 heads.. should I put a better valve train in the heads..( valve springs and rocker studs)? I've heard people tell me that they cheaped out on that part of the heads to compete with the cheap Chinese alluminum heads.. any opinions?
The word on the street is that the stock springs equipped with the heads are only good enough to keep the valves from falling out during shipping. If your going with an aftermarket or custom cam be sure to throw those springs out and get the proper springs required for the cam you choose.

Reactions: 1 users
get what you pay for.. By the time you add up the cost of new valves. springs, guides, retainers, seals, and a valve job you could just buy a set of TFS or AFR heads. I'd sell those heads and save up until you can afford a good set. Do it right the first time.