EEC Power ground location?

FiveLtrRiceEatr

Oct 2, 2004
Michigan
I'm on the LAST wire of identifying and I can't seem to find it, its in pin 60 of the EEC. And on my EEC wiring diagraph it says its going of the - charge of the battery, but I can't find it...I feel like an idiot, please help me.

TIA

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

in my diagram it looks like it pigtails from the battery ground cable then goes through a connector and into a wire loom.

i assume you have a 49 state car(not California).

the wire has a splice near the EEC power relay, and joins pin 40 at a connector. that connector also grounds the O2 sensor heaters.

hope this helps

cjones said:
in my diagram it looks like it pigtails from the battery ground cable then goes through a connector and into a wire loom.

i assume you have a 49 state car(not California).

the wire has a splice near the EEC power relay, and joins pin 40 at a connector. that connector also grounds the O2 sensor heaters.

hope this helps

ok that may help I go check it in a little bit

and yes I have a 49 state car

thank you

matt

It goes from the battery terminal through a little wire probably about 10-12 guage and to this connection which bolts to the fenderwell:
268442.jpg

268444.jpg

then from that connection on to the "quick disconnect," which is the black cyclinder you see kinda down in there

Hope this helps.

TheUser, wow thanks! you went out of your way to even takes pics, I think I know where that is. I haven't had a chance to look for it yet, doing a damn paper for school. I'll keep you guys posted, I think I'll be able to find it with all your guys help.

thanks again

matt

No problem man. I took them a couple nights ago for HISSIN, lol, but would have done the same for you. I do the best I can to help, because I often times need help too. My GT is up for winter and my LX is pretty nice to me, so I don't have to ask much now :nice: My posts are now showing up on JeepForum.com because my Jeep is problematic as well :rolleyes:

Good luck man.

TheUser said:
No problem man. I took them a couple nights ago for HISSIN, lol, but would have done the same for you. I do the best I can to help, because I often times need help too. My GT is up for winter and my LX is pretty nice to me, so I don't have to ask much now :nice: My posts are now showing up on JeepForum.com because my Jeep is problematic as well :rolleyes:

Good luck man.

haha, awesome, so you wont mind if I PM with questions? I'm trying to learn EFI its easier than I thought but still there are some questions. I know carbed really well thanks to the old man . I'm 16 and it sucks to get papers and homework. I wish working on my stang was homework lol :D I'm redoing my interior and doing the mass air converison at the same, kinda works out, you get access to all the wires you need to check. made sure my 99 GT seats fit today that was good!

ohh i have a question about that, that I think I know the answer too (just double checking so I dont waste time), the connector on the 99 seats is different then the 88 power seats I had, I need a different connector then, I should be able to get one from a ford dealership right? and just splice it into the exisiting one. sounds easy enough.

good luck with the jeep!

matt

Matt,

I'd suggest searching for posts about the 99 seats; I've seen a few of them around here. I would assume you could get the connectors at a salvage yard cheaper than the dealership. You might be able to just cut the connectors off and wire them straight, but I'm not sure about seats. Sorry.

TheUser said:
Matt,

I'd suggest searching for posts about the 99 seats; I've seen a few of them around here. I would assume you could get the connectors at a salvage yard cheaper than the dealership. You might be able to just cut the connectors off and wire them straight, but I'm not sure about seats. Sorry.

ohh no problem, i'll do a search! and you dont mind if I pm you about EFI or EEC questions or problems I run into? and btw whats your name, you seem to know mine lol

thanks again
matt