Electrical Eec Power Relay Location On 1990 5.0 Gt?

Hello all,

I've got a question for you guys. So my brother is trying to find his EEC power relay for the fuel pump. Where is it located under the dash on a 1990 GT 5.0 because he swears it's gotta be in a different location than my 92' Notch - does that make sense?

William Kramer

• Sponsors (?)

On 86-91 Mustangs the fuel pump relay is located under the drivers seat.

On 92-93 Mustangs it is in the engine compartment below the MAF. Be careful not to confuse it with the A/C WOT (Wide Open Throttle) relay that shuts off the A/C when the throttle is wide open. Both relays are in the same area.

The EEC power relay for only the engine control computer is on top of the engine control computer located behind the passenger side kick panel. This is the same for all Mustangs from 86-95.

Reactions: 1 user
Is this the eec relay?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 10,254
Have a 1991 Hatchback 2.3l. Cant find the relay. I'd rather not rip my dash apart. Not above the eec, nor behind glove box. I've hit a wall.

Is there usually two relays behind the radio?

Attachments

• 15641897826677969815499047323811.jpg
    15641897826677969815499047323811.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 3,719
Last edited:
Did you remove the passenger side dash speaker to look for the relay?
Yes I did. If the eec relay is the only relay that has a brown connector then I'm guessing it's one of the relays behind my radio.

Who said it was above the EEC or behind the glove box?
Look at the pic above.
Many other forums have said it. His is located under the eec, however mine is not.

Yes I did. If the eec relay is the only relay that has a brown connector then I'm guessing it's one of the relays behind my radio.

Many other forums have said it. His is located under the eec, however mine is not.
I know this is a year old, but mine is located on the top of the EEC bracket. Haven't found a way to change it because I cannot get the bracket off the wall. I will try to post a pic later.