EEC test + rain +fuel pump = what?

cjones said:
what is your battery voltage??

what is the voltage, with the EEC power relay removed, on the Bk/O wire at the EEC power relay?? if it's not battery voltage (12v) then disconnect the battery and do an ohms check from Bk/O wire at the EEC power relay to 20 Gauge (Blue) fusible link "G" at the starter relay.

Voltage with the EEC power relay removed on the bk/o wire is 12v.

I also found the fuse link were the two switched power wires (red) come from the computer to the rest of the red wires for the injectors, maf, etc. I thought that maybe it was that. So I cut all the wires from the bock and hooked them back up again, and still only 5 volts. I was still thinking it was the EEC, because it is getting 12v on pin 1, but it is only putting out 5 volts on the red wires, so i switched the EEC out AGAIN. and still the same problem.

thanks guys

james

• Sponsors (?)

james51381 said:
I checked the inertia switch like you said, and there were no volts between the red wire and the red/black wire, with ignition on or off. I also checked my MAF and INJ, they are also only getting 5 volts (ignition on). I swapped out the power relay for another one and still only 5 volts at the red wire and the orange and light blue wire (they were combined and put into the same slot on the power relay) with ignition on and 0 volts with the ignition off

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

You are missing power to the injectors, MAF heater and fuel pump inertia relay circuits. They are all supposed to be +12 volts, not +5 volts.

You have some bad connections, bad wiring or a blown fuse link. Chase the wiring using tmoss's diagram and you will find the problem.

jrichker said:
You are missing power to the injectors, MAF heater and fuel pump inertia relay circuits. They are all supposed to be +12 volts, not +5 volts.

You have some bad connections, bad wiring or a blown fuse link. Chase the wiring using tmoss's diagram and you will find the problem.

that is what i was hopping for when i re-wired the fuse link where all of the red wires meet (maf, injectors......) but with the power relay removed, i still only get 5v coming from the computer which powers the maf, injectors, etc. ................am I not reading something or misunderstanding something???

i will go over the diagrams from tmoss.
i REALLY appreciate the time and help

james

james51381 said:
that is what i was hopping for when i re-wired the fuse link where all of the red wires meet (maf, injectors......) but with the power relay removed, i still only get 5v coming from the computer which powers the maf, injectors, etc. ................am I not reading something or misunderstanding something???

i will go over the diagrams from tmoss.
i REALLY appreciate the time and help

james

The computer provides no power to any actuator or relay circuit, it provides a ground to complete the circuit. This makes the computer almost totally immune to short circuits to ground. The +5 volts you are seeing is what is called a pull up voltage, and keeps the computer from thinking that the circuit has been pulled down to ground.

jrichker, I REALLY appreciate your help and for clarifying about the computer. I think i found the problem with the switch coming from under the steereing column, I get 12v there but not at the EEC relay. If you ever in the bay area, I will buy you a pitcher of beer, and also to cjones and 347 :D

I tell you guys how it goes

:flag:

james

Blue347stang said:
Glad to here that you found your problem :nice: . Where exactly is this wire and what color? Cause I still can't find my problem. I even pulled out my main & engine harness and found nothing. Can I find this wire on the Tmoss diagram?

See the attached drawing... If it attaches....

take a look at the diagra above. I just took a new wire, spliced it into the white one and then spliced t where its supposed to go on the power relay and BINGO! but before you start splicing, make sure your getting a switched 12v from those two wires going to the eec power relay.

good luck

and thanks for the help

james