EFI blower conversion done - Off for a Dyno tune now!

So what's the inside story. Did they go down with the gap, or did the MSD cure it all by itself ?

They did both. I forgot to ask what gap they did though. They did comment that the MSD box did contribute the nice gains in performance perhapse even as much as 20 hp. They ended up going with a 3 inch pulley to get the boost we were after. The average afr was 11.3. The peak AFR was at the upper end of the rpm range and was 12.3. They said that it was a little high but still in the safe range (lower than 12.5). They may still do a little tuning to bring it down at the upper rpm's.

• Sponsors (?)

Here is the actual report.
Dynorun.jpg

Oh, forgot to add. The PVC you run has a one-way check valve in it right ? If not it can cause a lot of air in your crankcase, or even blow your intake seals. A little drip at a breather can be normal even if you have a functioning PCV with boost. It doesn't work under boost, and that's when it's the highest.

Oh, forgot to add. The PVC you run has a one-way check valve in it right ? If not it can cause a lot of air in your crankcase, or even blow your intake seals. A little drip at a breather can be normal even if you have a functioning PCV with boost. It doesn't work under boost, and that's when it's the highest.

I don't think it does. I am running the stock PCV valve. Where could I score a one-way valve? A turbo t-bird/SVO Mustang or something?

Well the numbers are in I made 402 rwhp and 414 rwtq and they only ran it to about 5200 rpm. I am happy with those numbers.:D

It looks like Bosscat is the winner on the hp guess. Within 1/2%, not bad at all.

Congratulations and welcome to the 400 club! I knew you could do it. Enjoy the new ride (and be careful with the noisy pedal!)

- andy