EFI Conversion: Fuel lines?

Hi guys.
I'm getting all the parts I need to do my EFI conversion. Right now I'm on the fuel system. I'm planning on using 6AN Aeroquip socketless hose. Will this fit the stock fuel rails and tighten up without leaking or bursting off? If this won't work what type of fuel line would you suggest?

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I don't have experience with their socketless hose design, but I don't think you'll have many problems with running AN- hoses and fittings. They've been well tested by many racers over the years. The only word of advice to you is pick a brand and stick with it. There ARE subtle differences between the brands of supposedly same size fittings and hoses...leading to leaks and difficulty with installation. Yes, I found out the hard way with Aeroequip, Aeromotive, and Russell... :rolleyes:

Unless you've got a 2000+HP machine with a "killer" pump system, I would'nt worry about "bursting". Little "nuisance" leaks...OH yeah. Been there, done that. :nonono:

Map out your fuel system, figure out all the little fittings, adapters, check valves, etc...then figure out which company offers all, or at least most of the parts, then go with that. Having experience with all three major companies, I like the Russell pieces for leak-free fit and installation, but that's just me.

Good luck. :nice:

If you're using AN-, then forget the headache of trying to obtain adapters for your stock fuel rails. You can get them, but I'd just get a set of aftermarket fuel rails and an EFI adjustable fuel pressure regulator that is made for the AN- system and bolt it right up. Yeah, I realize that's a couple hundred extra, but in the end, it is a lot less work and fits a lot better.