efi to carb- fuel pump wiring

Gasman517

Founding Member
Apr 29, 2001
surrey BC
I have some directions on which wires to use to make the pump work off the stock relays ---On the Gray Harness:

---Wire #16 (red/light green - 16 Ga) to the ignition trigger/turn-on lead. On my MSD it's the thinner red wire.

---Wire #11 (Dark Green/Yellow - 20 Ga) to the negative side of coil or the "tach out" port on an MSD. This is the line to your stock tach.

On the Black Harness:

----GROUND #97 (tan/light green - 18ga) to a suitable chassis ground. This creates the ground for the primary side of the fuel pump relay.

---Wire #39 (red/white 20ga) to the temp sender.

---Wire #31 (white/red 20ga) to the oil pressure sender.

---Wire #361 (red 16ga) to #16 (the wire you ran to the ignition turn-on above). This creates the positive voltage supply for the primary side of the fuel pump relay.
My problem is the coloures for the Ground #97 and wire #316 are not the same as the ones giving to me
My car is 89 and if anyone knows which colours they are or where on the black harness the wires are located that would be a great help (saves me from buying and electrical manual). Also which 2 wires on the fuel pump end do i use THANKS PAUL

• Sponsors (?)