Exhaust Egr Block Off Screws

• Sponsors (?)

I suppose those would be them. I may be wrong but I think that they run all the way through the head too. No disrespect meant or implied but is there a cleaner way to do it rather than taking some spark plugs and snapping the end of them?

youll get differing opinions but be sure you do an egr computer bypass. computer will want to advance timing etc and can
cause detonation...

the thermactor ports on the heads you can use a 5/8" set screw

the EGR bolts on the EGR spacer i believe are 5/16" and 3/8"

youll get differing opinions but be sure you do an egr computer bypass. computer will want to advance timing etc and can
cause detonation...

My engine is going to be carbureted so there will be no problems there.
the thermactor ports on the heads you can use a 5/8" set screw

the EGR bolts on the EGR spacer i believe are 5/16" and 3/8"

I will take a look into it. Thanks for the heads up

This thread pertains to the thermactor ports at the rear of the head…just to clarify. It does not have anything to do for the EGR

Just to make sure we're all the same page. Take a look at the first start up of this engine on youtube. The gas that I am seeing escape from the cylinder heads is from the thermactor ports and not the EGR ports correct?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KJn2rNvMjU

Yes,

Those are thermactor ports. Unrelated to EGR

Their job is to provide fresh air, supplied from the air pump, to the first set of cats by being pumped into the exhaust ports on the heads. They are active during cold start, and then the car will begin to pump the air down the tube to the rear set of cats.

If no converters, none of this is needed and you can block it off. Modern, aftermarket converters do not need the o2 suppy as well. Air pumps aren't installed these days on modern cars

Yes,

Their job is to provide fresh air, supplied from the air pump, to the first set of cats by being pumped into the exhaust ports on the heads. They are active during cold start, and then the car will begin to pump the air down the tube to the rear set of cats.

If no converters, none of this is needed and you can block it off. Modern, aftermarket converters do not need the o2 suppy as well. Air pumps aren't installed these days on modern cars

Yeah there won't be any cats on this build so I'll plug em. Thanks for dropping some knowledge on me about how that system works, did not previously know that.

When i needed the plugs i drove over to ford and they actually had them in stock for a few bucks.
Ford branded packaging and everything.

Rly? I was thinking about just heading over to ace or true value and picking up some 5/8 bolts to use. Would that work as well or would I need to make sure that I trimmed down the bolt length for any reason?

I'm not sure of the depth needed. It's been a really really long time since i got them at ford, but i was told back then by my mechanic they stocked them, and they did. Came with locktite on them and if i remember correctly they were hollowed out and took allen keys to install.