EGR

raulbadillo

Aug 26, 2008
Guys any tips on how i can get my stock EGR spacer removed? I got a new one on its way and I need the bolts from my stock intake. I think. Not sure if the one im getting comes with the bolts or not but anyways i still would like to know how to remove the EGR and the bolts from the stock intake. Thanks. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

loosen the 4 nuts on the throttle body and pull the TB. Loosen the hoses and what not from the EGR spacer, all the plugs and such. Then the spacer will come off. With mine the coolant leaked so one of the studs was bad so it made taking off hard. Have fun but its simple.

um, i have done the above. It seems like its stuck to the upper plenum. do i need to pound on it? use a chisel? I dont care about the gasket as i got new ones. and what about the studs? any advice on getting them off? I need them for my other intake i have.

i had to hammer mine off, it was a PITA. if u got a new spacer coming than use a chisel and have at it. try using some pb blaster and let it soak. after u get the spacer off DO NOT use a inverted torx socket, i used a pair of vise grips in the center of the stud.........but i would soak the piss out of everything first

most likely the studs are rusted.. and causing the egr not to be able to be slid off easy which was the case for. I tried pb blaster and some heat but that still didn't completely work so i ended up hitting and prying it to death to get the egr spacer off because I too needed the studs. Once the egr spacer is off there is a secton of the studs that aren't threaded which was covered by the egr spacer. I used a set of channel locks on that area and twisted them out.. prior to that I used the two nut method on each stud but from all the rust I could only get one out that way. If your not formilar with that method.. you put one nut on all the way then put another one on that same stud and tight it up again the first nut. The stick your wrench on the first nut and try to undo

good luck

For Heaven's sake why do people think they need those studs? This has got to be the number 1 biggest problem I've ever seen here. Go to any place that sells bolts and buy new ones. They don't need to be studs.

TBblending.jpg