Fox Eibach Convertible Pro-kit - Sitting High In The Back..wtf?

cdurbin

5 Year Member
Jul 27, 2012
North Charleston, SC
Hey guys, I just finished installing new lowering springs, shocks, struts, spring isolators, and CC plates on my 1991 vert. the springs dropped the front down an inch or so as advertised but the rear is setting just as high as it was before the install. Not what I expected at all. Do the rear springs have to settle or time?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe this is the settling they were referring to, but sometimes you can take the load off and re-clock them to sit lower. Otherwise trimming is the best bet.

I've got 4 cyl springs with a 1/2 coil trimmed in mine and it took about a half hour to get done.

I just ran out and took this one in the parking lot real quick. Excuse the fact that the car is filthy. Weather has been crappy lately.
You can see how nice it dropped in the front but the rear didn't drop hardly at all. I'm pretty bummed after all that work.:(

photo.JPG

It does have a nice rake huh? Still looks good though. I once used the Pro kit on my '89 SSC. It sat very similar to yours and was also high in the rear. Not as high as yours so I left it.
See? 2012-03-15_17-44-13_363.jpg
I would remove a quarter coil at a time until it sits to your liking. I'll be willing to bet that it would be perfect with a half coil removed but take it a quarter at a time because you can't put it back on.
Anyway, once you get them dialed in you will like how your car rides on the Pro kit.
Good Luck

Reactions: 1 user
I turned (clocked) mine until it sat the lowest on the seat. As you turn the spring you can see it go up and down in height. However, a lot more people than you'd think get new springs and end up having to trim them to dial the ride height/stance exactly the way they want it.

New or not, chop chop. Can't return them now.

Well, I was able to get the stance a little more dialed in over the weekend. It looks much better. I think anyway. It should "settle" a bit more over time.
I ended up removing the upper and lower isolators and just wrapping the ends of the springs with a couple of layers of electrical tape. Just to keep it from being metal on metal. I also removed the quad shocks. I installed new ones but I really think they were "bottoming out" and not letting the rear end travel correctly. I also loosened the UCA and LCA, preloaded the rear end and then tightened everything back up.
IMG_0648.JPG