Eibach Pro-kit question

You doing them all the way around?

Front's line up with the grooves in the "A" arm. The rears, the pig tails must point toward the drivers side of the car.

I hung my calipers like shown above. And took my original springs out without a compressor but was careful.

Your Eibachs will eventually settle more.

• Sponsors (?)

Even with new springs, the front should drop more than 1/8" before they settle. You might check to be sure that the end coil is seated properly in the A-arm. If it's not, it will make the front end of the car sit up higher than it should. Also if you put the spring in upside-down, that would screw it up. The "flat" end of the front spring should be at the top of the strut tower, and the end with the coil sticking out should go down into the A-arm.

I didnt have a single problem with mine, put the other side in and see if the front gets lower, because you wont see the full difference in ride height until you get both sides installed.
Later
Matt

Just to follow up...I just removed the two outter bolts, which allows the caliper to be removed, exposing the brake pads. I didn't find it necessary to remove the whole caliper & brake assembly. Also, my pro-kit didn't lower very much at first either, which made me very dissapointed. However, after having them in for a couple of weeks, they really got a lot lower. I like the overall ride quality of the pro-kit & the looks are nice too, plus I didn't need a caster/camber kit, and have had no tire-wear issues after about 9 months!! I just suggest that you get an alignment sometime soon after the install! :nice:

I finished all 4 springs yesterday(Sunday). The fronts settled to about 27.5 inches from 28.5 inches before I began. That's 1 inch over night.

The rears went from 28.5 inches before I started to about 28 inches in 24 hours.

I'm not worried yet.

Thanks everyone

I installed this kit 8 days ago. The rear is 1/8 inch lower than stock on one side and 1/2 inch lower than stock on the other side. The front is 1 inch lower than stock on one side, and 1 1/8 inches lower than stock on the other.

I just looked at everything again. Everything is positioned exactly as it should be. The front springs are half way between the two holes. The rear springs are exactly correct as well. For the rear I made a mark through the center of the lower isolator springs perpendicular to the axle. I used a square for this. The springs are on the mark.

I know I'm suppose to wait for the springs to settle. But there has been no change in 8 days.

Any advice???

What side are the springs sitting lower on...If its the drivers side it is a common problem ,I have heard that the drivers side will always sit lower with drop springs ,due to it always having more weight on it.....Im not sure if this is true..... hopefully someone can correct me on this though so you can be informed with a 100% right answer!

The drivers side is lower.

The fronts I'm not concerned with because I did not clean the lower a-arms enough. The dirt was too hard. I'm wetting them hopping that it breaks up the hard dirt. I can re-do them again later if I need to.

The rears are exactly right.

Before I began the install I measured all 4 wheel wells. They were surprisingly the same at 28.5 inches off the ground.

i have the same kit, it sits even now. it did take a couple months to settle completely. i ended up taking out the rubber isolaters to lower my car more. if its uneven it sounds as if the springs arent clocked right.

There are some variables when dealing with ride height...When you're measuring your car's height, is it sitting on a level surface?? Also, how much gas do you have in your car...a full tank might lower it a bit more and help the springs to settle a little faster. Mine took what seemed like forever to settle, but I really like the way they look now...not too low, just right!

I never really paid attention to mine, but mine was even as soon as I finished and drove it around the block. Also if you only change like one tire at a time if only one wears out, that could be throwing it off too. Just a thought.

Mine took like 1.5 months to settle all the way... I had the same problem and I was a bit flustered when people asked about it, but they finally settled and they look great :)

Mine was down about 1-1/8" right after I installed the springs and down 1-1/4" after 3 weeks. 1/8" doesn't seem near enough initial drop when they are suppose to drop it 1.5" after it settles. IMHO. asking for 1-3/8" of additional settling is way too much.

I would first look to see if the springs are sitting in the perches the way they should. I believe in the rear, the lower spring pig tails are both supposed to be on the drivers side of the perches. Eibach can tell you how the springs should be indexed. Also, did you pull the old isolators out and use new or reuse the old ones? Are they installed on the springs properly. Did you put on new ones but forget to remove the old ones from the perches (don't laugh it's been done before)?

If everything is installed properly, I would be talking to Eibach about some new springs.

Use a jack to lift the control arm, and slowly lower it.

After you remove the calipers (2 bolts), hang them with some wire.

http://www.fnsweet.com/garage/lt_install/index.shtml
Caliper.jpg

that looks like a Bullitt to me.

Attachments

• Caliper.jpg
    Caliper.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 63
After a week or so My car is now 1.2" lower in front and 1" lower in back with full gas tank. Interestingly a full tank will lower the rear 1/2".

The problem with the rear not being same hight was the isolators. I re-used them. One side was in original spot on lower isolator. While the other was not. This caused the difference in hight between sides. I corrected the problem. Now both sides are the same hight.

Thank for the advice everyone.