Eibach Pro kit vs. Steeda Lowering Springs

Guamie

Dec 9, 2004
I'm debating between which springs to get for my '05 mustang GT. Can anyone please help? I'm also wondering about the extra parts I need when lowering a car (ie. camber adjusters, relocation kits, etc.). Which parts do I really need? Can I have a reliable ride with just the new springs, or do I have to get these other parts Steeda recommends, even if I get the Eibachs? I'd like to lower my car about an inch and no more than 1.5 inches front/rear (don't want any fender rub). I upgraded my wheels to 255/35/20's front/rear. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks guys! :flag: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

installation of eibach pro kit

Does purchase, installation and warranty on the Eibach pro kit at about $1200 really sound realistic??? That's what I was quoted from the tire shop who lowers 05 mustangs for Palm Springs Ford. I've seen the kit sell for about $256. How can install cost me a grand? They don't even put new camber adjusters or anything, just the kit. PLEASE Help! Thanks!

Its a 2-3 hour job, that is a hosing of a rate but then again it is warrantied. You may want to make sure this will not void your suspension warranty with Ford cause once you do lower your vehicle the warranty will be in void at some dealers. Others wont care and will work on your car anyways.

I got quoted for about $480 to have the springs installed but that also includes the alignment afterwords. I do suggest installing them yourself though, its really quite simple and renting tools from AutoZone is free.

Also, the springs are really all you need unless your front end can not be aligned back to factory specs. Dont buy anything else unless you need it.

-Dan

Guamie said:
Does purchase, installation and warranty on the Eibach pro kit at about $1200 really sound realistic??? That's what I was quoted from the tire shop who lowers 05 mustangs for Palm Springs Ford. I've seen the kit sell for about $256. How can install cost me a grand? They don't even put new camber adjusters or anything, just the kit. PLEASE Help! Thanks!

That's way too much. I got a quote for $800 and I thought that was utterly ridiculous. Drive in to LA man, those Palm Springs price will kill ya. :)

Try GRC Performance in Mission Viejo...........I have the Eibach Pro kit, my total with tax was $443.30. They only work on Mustangs, and do an excellent job. I have had 5 cars lowered by them, and never a problem with anything. It only takes them a couple of hours.........

Thanks so much about the GRC referral. I'll check them out asap! How do you like the eibach? How would it compare to the Sportline kit? I would like to lower my car about 1.5 front/ 2.0 in the rear, but I'm open for suggestions for my 05 mustang GT. It's my daily driver, but I definitely want better handling and looks. Thanks for all your help guys!

Quoted from another post of mine....

I took a look @ a stock GT, still sitting on a lot actually, and the measurements came out to about 6 1/2" @ the front of the rocker effects and 7 1/4" in the rear. These were recoreded at the lowest points at the underside of the rocker panel.

My Sportline dropped clearances are 3 7/8" in the front and 4 1/2".

This equals out to a 2 5/8" up front and 2 3/4" out back. Of course these are estimates of what the real drop is but its safe to say that its not much less. See sig.

-Dan

Guamie said:
Thanks so much about the GRC referral. I'll check them out asap! How do you like the eibach? How would it compare to the Sportline kit? I would like to lower my car about 1.5 front/ 2.0 in the rear, but I'm open for suggestions for my 05 mustang GT. It's my daily driver, but I definitely want better handling and looks. Thanks for all your help guys!

The front actually dropped more than the rear...........the rear still needs to come down a little bit. I might put the sportline springs on the back, that way it should be pretty even. On pictures I have looked at, the sportline front is really, really low. It handles great.......I don't like the 4X4 look either!

First I must say I'm receiving my car this afternoon at 5:00PM which is why I am writing this at 4:15 AM (can't sleep).

I was waiting for my friend to do an H&R super sport drop on his vert before making my desision but since seeing cleveland's pics I'm going with the 1" Steeda drop to go along with the full tilt Steeda suspension I'm planning to do.

It's not that I don't like the look, but in Montreal we are currently in pothole season.

That pretty much sums it up.

The Eibach springs will be around 1.5 inches. Ours will be closer to 1 inch. Either one will work but our springs will have more clearance for your 20 inch wheels than the Eibachs. If you want it as low as possible, I would take measurements and see how much clearance you have and make your decision from there.

about GRC performance

I talked with GRC and they sound totally fair and experienced with the 2005s. They actually said they used to use more Eibachs but saw some flaws with the handling/looks according to some owners. They've tried the H&R and believe H&R is right one the money, especially with the steeda camber adjusters. I might be going for this setup b/c its also at about the $450 mark. I told them I have a dialy driver and I want the drop to be about 1.5 front and about 2 inches in the rear without sacrificing performance. I also noticed that H&R has a sweet sema show car in my blue :nice:
If I don't hear anything terribly bad with H&R ( :nono: ), I'll probably trust GRC and go with the setup, and let you all know how the car handles and looks- possibly some before/after pics too if anyone cares.

Guamie said:
I talked with GRC and they sound totally fair and experienced with the 2005s. They actually said they used to use more Eibachs but saw some flaws with the handling/looks according to some owners. They've tried the H&R and believe H&R is right one the money, especially with the steeda camber adjusters. I might be going for this setup b/c its also at about the $450 mark. I told them I have a dialy driver and I want the drop to be about 1.5 front and about 2 inches in the rear without sacrificing performance. I also noticed that H&R has a sweet sema show car in my blue :nice:
If I don't hear anything terribly bad with H&R ( :nono: ), I'll probably trust GRC and go with the setup, and let you all know how the car handles and looks- possibly some before/after pics too if anyone cares.

I am switching to H&R springs also..........

I'm an H&R Supporter now!

Got H&R springs (Super Sports) that lowered my 05 about 2.0in front/1.9in rear. The ride was a little bouncy at first (typical of lowered cars), but ended up smoother than stock with that low cg handling. GRC Performance advised me to save my money on camber adjusters until more companies come out and the price drops. They said it only adds an extra 4000 miles or so, and my tires should run me about 30,000 miles. They said I have anytime between now and then to add the camber adjusters, and handling isn't really changed, just tire wear. H&R's look even better, not to bash Eibachs b/c I would have gone with those otherwise, but GRC mentioned much more accuracy and quality in the measurement and build of the springs. And they quoted me the same at $444. THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for keeping me away from the palm springs guys. That saved me more than $700. GRC turns out to be the place to go for mustang mods, and man are they stocked with all the cool products I see on the internet for our 05s. They even have their own dyno, so I'll definitely be working with these guys from now on. I'll let you know if anything with the H&R Springs goes out of whack, but the 3 hour ride home was quite a joy! =) Here are some before/after pics (if I can get the pic adder to work):

Attachments

• before1cc.jpg
    before1cc.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 430
  • after15cc.jpg
    after15cc.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 474
Guamie said:
Got H&R springs (Super Sports) that lowered my 05 about 2.0in front/1.9in rear. The ride was a little bouncy at first (typical of lowered cars), but ended up smoother than stock with that low cg handling. GRC Performance advised me to save my money on camber adjusters until more companies come out and the price drops. They said it only adds an extra 4000 miles or so, and my tires should run me about 30,000 miles. They said I have anytime between now and then to add the camber adjusters, and handling isn't really changed, just tire wear. H&R's look even better, not to bash Eibachs b/c I would have gone with those otherwise, but GRC mentioned much more accuracy and quality in the measurement and build of the springs. And they quoted me the same at $444. THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for keeping me away from the palm springs guys. That saved me more than $700. GRC turns out to be the place to go for mustang mods, and man are they stocked with all the cool products I see on the internet for our 05s. They even have their own dyno, so I'll definitely be working with these guys from now on. I'll let you know if anything with the H&R Springs goes out of whack, but the 3 hour ride home was quite a joy! =) Here are some before/after pics (if I can get the pic adder to work):

I'm glad you like them............

Guamie -
thanks for all the info. i've been thinking of going with the eibach's (when my car gets here - but that's another thread!) but have been hearing a lot about the H&R's lately - interesting what the shop had to say about the two. i think i'm rethinking this one!

I used some of the original Steeda springs and they were absolute JUNK. The fronts were wrapped wrong which destroyed the strut bearings and the rears were just coil over springs, not even manufactured for the car. I use Eibach Pro kits almost exclusively now. If you go much lower than a Pro kit you should get a lower control arm relocate kit to fix the roll center, you should also get an adjustable panhard bar or your axle will shift towards the drivers side. We charge 3 hours for install plus alignment up here. :canada:

Attachments

• DSC00264-1.jpg
    DSC00264-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC00265-1.jpg
    DSC00265-1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 279