Eibach Sportline Owners: Come On In....

) y2kGT (

Oct 24, 2003
I just installed the eibach sportline springs on my 00 GT along with tokico shocks, struts, steeda cc plates, steeda ball joints and steeda bumpsteer kit. After the install i noticed my front end looked slammed almost but the rear end still kinda looks stock. I mean yeah u can notice a drop but nothing like the front or what was expected, will it settle, experienced or know the facts please chime in...Precciate It

-Justin

• Sponsors (?)

DSC01335.JPG

Your car will settle. Mine settled quick because I bought mine used. It also depends on how you position the springs. The bottom end of the coil should face out. I have no isolators on mine so mine will probably sit a little lower than yours. PIC ABOVE^

P.S. Post a pic.

The bottom end coil on the rear springs should face out towards the rear fenders? See i noticed the rear springs were flat all aound the coil unlike the front springs have the notched coil and the grove, so if i just threw the back ones one anyway then im not sitting all the way down in the rear am i.

Here's a pic of mine with eibach sportlines. It's actually lower than it looks in this picture, I think it's just the angle I shot it at doesn't show the stance of it very well. Mine settled quite a bit in the days-week. The sportlines will continue to drop a little over time. Mine has settled even further since I put them in a few years back. I will try to get a better shot tommorow. I don't have the isolators in the front of mine either. It actually looks just like VDunn's when you look at it like the angle of his pic.
attachment.php

Attachments

• carlstang.jpg
    carlstang.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 379
mine sits at about the same ride height as the red one, and it does kinda seem like the rear has come down just a smidge, but i cant seem to get the damn thing aligned. it had an alignment when i first swapped the springs, but i guess it didnt hold up, or wasnt done correctly. how much do cc plates help in the alignment process?

How long does it take the springs to settle? I had them put in today along with the isolators and the car looks like it sits back like stock. Had to pull off both shocks and stuts (struts replaced new) because I had a X2C coilover kit on it.(get what you pay for) Just hope that the damn thing sits down.

ga01blkgt said:
How long does it take the springs to settle? I had them put in today along with the isolators and the car looks like it sits back like stock. Had to pull off both shocks and stuts (struts replaced new) because I had a X2C coilover kit on it.(get what you pay for) Just hope that the damn thing sits down.
It takes about two weeks to a month for the
springs to settle.Make sure you get an alignment after your springs settle!

mine settle alot over few weks. Infact, I thought something was wrong, because it was kept getting lower. Now It stopped lowering it self, and setted nicely. See the sig for pictures. I think its in page 2 or 3

the front looks slammed bc it has the sportlines and the steeda balljoints without the spacers so it is low, but the back isnt right i just know it isnt... How exactly are the rear spring supposed to sit in there like what direction does the last coil (pig tail) face..or how will i know its sittin right...

for those of you running no spring isolaters,do the springs make noise or can you not even tell they are not in there. thinking about removing them from my car as well