Eibach suspension, Once again I need some help on this

MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2000
Lehigh Acres Fla.
I forget how long ago it was, maybe a couple years. And now I'm back asking the same questions again. Heres a little info to get me started. This is on my 92 convertible. Sometime ago...(a couple years or so) I started installing Eibach pro kit springs and struts. I also ordered the anti-roll kit. I ran into trouble with the struts and front sway bar end links. I still have not resolved this to this date...

The problem, I think the pro kit struts extend a pinch more than stock struts. When I jack the front end up, the control arms drop down so much, it makes it nearly impossible to install the sway bar end links. Also, the end links are scraping against the struts.. at least it is on the passenger side. Now, is there ANY way to decrease the strut extending distance ( the length) ... that is, the maximum stretch decreased? In its current state, I cannot put on theend links without causing the end links to bend..and also tear the bushings. The control arm drops so far that it starts ripping at the end links. I even tried using stock end links, which are longer. Actually, the links included with the kit wouldn't reach the sway bar or control arm while jacked up.. so this is why I tried the factory links.

Would CC plates remedy this and bring the strut up another inch? What was the purpose of the included shorter strut tower bushing spacers? They are half the length of factory spacers. It didnt say in the instructions, just that they "might be needed depending on setup". I didnt use them because it seems like I would"ve had to torque the strut rod nut quite a lot and crush the hell out of the bushing before it hit the spacer.

I bought a set of sway bar mounts for a sn95. These extend down more than the Fox mounts and the bolt pattern is the same. I am thinking of using these to try and remedy the clearance problem. I cant figure anything else out. I dont know what to do.

I need this to work. It has been crippled like this for a long time. Btw, yes these are all the correct struts, springs and sway bars for this car. I matched the numbers up to Eibachs part numbers.

Ideas... suggestions . Thanks Stangers

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem last year. The end links in the anti-roll kit were way too short.
Took some pics and sent them to Eibach and they sent me a set with longer end links - which turned out to be just long enough, but only just!
They didnt really have any good explanation why the first set of end links were too short - kinda weird really.

The second set of end links I received were shorter than the originals, but I dont remember how much shorter.
I do remember though that I had to shorten the sleeve on the second set because when I tried to install it the first time the threads did not protrude long enough to get the nut on...
Can't remember for sure now but I guess I had to shorten the sleeve by something like a 1/3 of an inch (I spoke with an Eibach tech before doing this, but he said basically just go ahead...).
When I finally got the thing on I didnt really notice any worrying load on the bar - but I was probably too fed up by then to notice anything :rlaugh:

Prior to installing the anti-roll kit I had been driving the car for a few years with the Eibach pro-kit springs and shock/struts, Steeda caster camber plates and offset steering rack bushings.
After installing the anti-roll kit it felt somewhat stiffer when cornering and perhaps slightly less understeered - but it wasnt like a night and day difference if you understand.
I guess it was worth the money though - if just the damned end links hadnt created so many installation problems!