Eibach ???

newfiestang

Jun 12, 2005
Guys, I just start by saying that I have been out of the mustang hobby for a while due to other money consuming projects (house & garage) but I have now ignited fuel again and starting to research some parts to finish building my 95 GT that has been ignored for 5 years. I would just like to say hello am I overwhelmed by how much has changed in a few years and at the same time the knowledge here on this forum.....amazing.

with that out of the way I have a few questions about Eibach springs.

1. What is the difference between the Pro kit and Sportline kit.
2. Can each kit be ordered with a specific drop or is the drop dependant on what kit you order.
3. Is it necessary to order the kit with isolators or can i just use my stock ones.

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

I can answer #1 & #2.

1. Pro-Kit Best Combination of Looks, Handling and Ride Quality
Lower Center of Gravity-Lowers Vehicle 1.0"- 1.5"

Sportline Extreme Performance Meets Extreme Style
Race-Car Like Handling
Lowers Vehicle 1.7" - 2.3"
Progressive Spring Design

2. The spring drop is a set value. Custom springs can be made but will cost a bunch of $$$$.

Go here: http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/0671.4.3079726859300030885

I know the lighting (and deresolution) are bad on this pic, but here's the Prokit with stock isolators:

166454.jpg

If your car has sat or has some miles on it, I'd get new isolators. The poly ones can raise the car up a little bit though.

A Prokit was as low as I think you can go without really needing CC plates. If I didnt have to worry about dragging cats and other groud clearance issues (and camber and bumpsteer issues), H&R's or Sportlines would be sweet (they look :drool: ). The Prokit is a nice compromise IMHO. I will note that I do get bumpsteer even with the Prokit.

Good luck.

So it sounds like if I go with the sportlines I may have to change the CC plates, have anyone else had to do this? I really want a drop of more than 1" but don't really want to change other stuff to get it.

If you guys could post your experiences and post some more pics with the different kits installed it would be great.

Thanks.

Is it necessary to order the kit with isolators or can i just use my stock ones

i have the sportlines. when the springs were installed, i also put in new energy suspension isolators. passenger rear isolator busted about 2 weeks after that. this may very well be a 1 in 100 thing but i would almost go back factory replacement rubber.