Eleanor body kit on a 68 Coupe

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by Tractor Boy 68, Aug 18, 2004.

Eleanor body kit on a 68 coupe

1. yes

23 vote(s)
  2. no

17 vote(s)
  1. Just build YOUR car how YOU like. After all, YOU are the own who has to drive it.

2. Peppergrey mettallic !.. :D
  3. A BIG amen to that, brother! I understand being a bit nervous about making a big change to the look of your car, but in the end if you like it then who gives a rat's ass what a bunch of strangers on the internet think? I realize there are those who think I'm an idiot for making a Shelby clone out of a nice low mileage fastback, but do I care? uhhh....no. Should you? Hell no!
  4. Well there is a difference...........taking a numbers matching gt/shelby or whatnot....(ie a rare car) and making it an eleanor is almost hurtful. I would prefer that some people only tamper with cars that are not quite original so the rarity factor is out the window. But it is their money.... I sort of like the way the front clip looks.........you think the front clip with a shelby hood but without the rear spoiler would still look as good?
  5. I agree with that, low-numbers cars (GT's and the like) are best restored, but mine was a plain-Jane, 2 barrel, C4, 1 of a zillion fastback. I also think that the use of a Shelby or Eleanor-style front looks best with a Shelby or California Special spoiler, whether it's a fastback, coupe or convertible.
  6. In the end, just do what the hell you want. LOL
  7. I know this is an old thread but I just found it. I built an Eleanor-ish coupe because I like coupes. I also like the way the Eleanor looks. I did change a few things to make it the way I wanted. I started with a car that is not rare either so it is worth more now than if it were restored to original. Anyway, here is a picture of mine.
  8. Well it is close to Halloween....old threads rising from the dead isn't that strange....good looking coupe there, I like the eleanor look on them as well, I am doing the cs trunk and shelby hood on my 67, gives the car a little more "muscle" as far as the looks go IMO.
  9. me too. I know a lot of people, well Mustang purists anyway, don't like the Eleanor, but they don't like coupes or low option cars either so mine shouldn't **** 'em too bad. Not that I care. I like it. Any pics of yours?
  10. I plan on doing a thread on here when the car is finished....its in primer right now, hopefully getting painted either this weekend or next, all of the metal/fiberglass work has been done, and it has been blocked 3 times...I trimmed the car out last weekend, the areas covered by the fenders, inside the trunk, under the hood, door jambs. I spent all week assembling the car and getting the gaps right, now I should just have one more blocking and then paint, sooooo we will see.