Eleanor?

joeythesaint

Feb 9, 2003
Seattle
I think it was on this forum, there was someone a few years back who had built an "Eleanor" - style Cobra II, with the Shelby window scoops. It was a work in progress, if memory serves, but it looked sweeeeeeet.

Anybody remember this? Anyone remember who (s)he is and where we could get an update on the project?

TIA,

- J.

• Sponsors (?)

The II that I'm restomoding is going to based off the "Eleanor" concept. Basically a lot of major body work changes. I'm grafting an eclipse GT front clip to the front. I,m also altering the shelby side scoops to look more sporty. Also putting a vintage alluminum Fairlane GT 500 rear spoiler on.Still kicking around a few ideas on the hood as well as quater panal (engine compartment) vents. And of course all the vents and louvers and a 260 to 280 hp efi 302 backed by a thunderbird SC AOD. I still have lots of worked to do but I hope the finished product will be a jaw dropper.

Its not much to look at right now. The drivetrain is out and the interior is gutted. I'm preping, priming, and painting everything. My 77 is a t-top so it has a lot of rust on the floor board as well as leaky leaky cowl. Its also sitting on blocks cause I haven't finished the 5 lug conversion yet. Right now I have a stack of goodies as big as the stang is. But fixin all the cancer spots is taking me awhile. Can,t wait to start reassemblly. As soon as I make some headway on her, I'll be sure to get some pics taken.