Elecric Fan and Adjustable Fan Controller

Hi everyone,
I have 65 Fastback A-code

I bought Direct Fit Aluminium Radiator from Summit
sum-380461_w.jpg

and i wanna replace my fan blade with electric ones.
I did a combo for my requirements

1)Derale 16926 - Derale High Output Rad Electric Fans
der-16926_w.jpg

2)Derale Deluxe Adjustable Fan Controllers with Radiator Probes
der-16759_w.jpg

Do you suggest this combo or another?

Regards,
MZ

• Sponsors (?)

You might consider a different combination; Mark VIII or Taurus fans are MUCH better than the Derale unit (in most cases, factory units are generally higher quality than comparable aftermarket units), flow a LOT more air (around 3500CFM vs. 2200 for the fan you have listed), and you can probably find a good one in a salvage yard for under $50.

Here is an article from Ford Muscle where they used a Mark VIII fan and a SPAL PWM fan controller (I used this very same controller on my '70 coupe with a pair of GM F-body LS1 fans):

Electric Fan Conversion, Lincoln Mark VIII Fan, Fan Controllers

You will need a subscription to the site to read the full article, but if you're considering an electric fan, it's well worth it.

If hes in Istanbul/Turkey like his info says he is, I think he may have a hard time finding the Mk VIII/Taurus fans. But I agree, they are probably better and certainly cheaper. I dont see a problem using the Derale, it actually looks much nicer than most other aftermarket electric fans.

the derale fan and controller will do just fine. decurion is right, he lives in istanbul so he has to have just about everything shipped to him from here, and finding a taurus or similar car in the junk yards is much less likely than here in the US.

Yes, i'm living in Istanbul / Turkey.
Therefore, i have to buy that parts from Summit or Mustang Unlimited.
If you say, go this parts is OK, i'll order.
If you say, there are another parts, that's more usefull, i'll decide it ;)
Thaks a lot

Yes, i'm living in Istanbul / Turkey.
Therefore, i have to buy that parts from Summit or Mustang Unlimited.
If you say, go this parts is OK, i'll order.
If you say, there are another parts, that's more usefull, i'll decide it ;)
Thaks a lot

I've had a Derale in my stang for quite a few yrs, works perfectly. I did my own fan relays/water pump relays though, but the kit makes things easier.

The problem with the Taurus fan, it wont fit in my car or I would of done it. Its too deep.

This is the fan I'm running.
Derale 16516 - Derale Tornado Electric Fans – SummitRacing.com

If you are willing to do some fabrication, or know of a local shop that can do fabrication work, you may be able to pick up a set of fans in Turkey.
There is a company in Turkey that makes fans for Maradyne (Welcome to Maradyne) The HD units are pretty nice.
You may be able to work a deal through Maradyne to get them locally, saving shipping and taxes. Or just search out the actual fan manufacture through the internet.
Good luck!