Electric fan gone bad

nl mex

Sep 24, 2004
Bakersfield, Cali
Guys, my e-fan has gone south on me. It won't turn on and I almost fried my motor today, as it unexpectedly pushed my temp to the red without me noticing.

My question is if anyone else has had an issue with this in their new edge stang? And can I get away with replacing the radiator fan motor or is a whole new assembly required? The new assembly isn't cheap, and I'd like a fix for my ride as cheap as possible. Can I run a Flex-a-lite fan (one of the steel ones)? Thanks....

• Sponsors (?)

I think mine may have went as well....not 100% sure though. But it was heating to 200* on a cool night with no A/C on when I would stop at a light. Would be at 180 and then within 1 minute would be at or near 200. Fortunatly I never got cought for more than a minute. It was working fine when I went up to the car meet....then when I left I noticed how rapidly the heat was climbing.
Generally it wont get over the low 190s in mid day temps with the A/C off.

^+1 and the stock unit will outflow most anything flexalite has....stock E fans on most cars are suprisingly powerful. I would also look into snagging one from a junk yard off a wrecked 04 preferably. GENERALLY these fans last for YEARS AND YEARS.