electric fan install

steve1676

Jul 8, 2003
hey guys i bought an electric fab from a g3 stang and want to put it in my 93. is there agood kit i can buy that has evert=ything i need to install it? if so where can i get it? BTW yes i aso have a 140 alt to put in also, but i have all the insrtuctions for that.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Dual 12" electric fans

Attachments

• Stang44.jpg
    Stang44.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 133
Michael Yount said:
I believe this is the best controller out there....

http://www.dccontrol.com click on 'components'

Variable current allows infinite fan speeds - only spins the fan as much as is needed to keep the car cool; no cycling on and off, no start up current spikes, really slick piece. Just put one on mine.

Sounds interesting. How does it work so far? So this thing slows the fan down when the engine is cold and speeds it up as needed? Where can I read up on this thing?

Can't tell you how impressed I am with this unit - may be the single most impressive change I've made to mine. This emulates the kind of control new cars have where the ecu controls the fan - very precise, no more cycling on and off with the subsequent loads on fan and alternator. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

5.0GT - based on his recommendation I went with the 35 unit, not the bigger 60. However, go to his site - he has VERY specific info on both the Mark VIII and the Taurus units. I'm using it with a fully shrouded SPAL dual 11" set up, so it will work for any fan, but he clearly has a bunch of experience using it to control the two you've asked about.