Electric Fan Overflow Setups

adumb

Nov 27, 2007
i have pretty much decided that I am going with the ford contour dual fans. I searched a bunch for overflow setups but 90%of the pics in the threads I found are dead.

With that said post up your contour or mark viii fan shroud setups and what you did with the overflow. I am hoping I get find something with the stock bottle that will look good but I am open to any clean setup really.

Thanks
Adam

• Sponsors (?)

Bought an polished ss overflow off Flea Bay for $20 and attached it to the side of the Fan shroud.

engine3_zps468ba289.jpg

Just search the net for "coolant overflow tank" and you'll get dozens of choices. Much like Mikestang63's. I just ordered my stainless overflow tank today from Amazon for $40. It's a universal 3"dia x10" tall with a filler cap. That's all you need. Comes with mounting brackets and everything.

Just a summit overflow bottle with the fittings reversed to make it a recirculating bottle

that seems like the simplest and one of the cleaner looking solutions. do you just leave the valve open on the top so the bottle can breath? would there be any problem tucking that bottle infront of the radiator in the nose of the bumper kind of. i understand the radiator needs to breath but where it would be i don't think would limit air to the radiator anymore than the bumper does. i don't have ac so the extra ac radiator isn't there which gives me alot of room to put it in there.

also does it matter what height you mount the bottle at. i noticed the stock one the hose attachment is really low, but i have read about certain systems that need the bottles at a specific height.

that seems like the simplest and one of the cleaner looking solutions. do you just leave the valve open on the top so the bottle can breath? would there be any problem tucking that bottle infront of the radiator in the nose of the bumper kind of. i understand the radiator needs to breath but where it would be i don't think would limit air to the radiator anymore than the bumper does. i don't have ac so the extra ac radiator isn't there which gives me alot of room to put it in there.

also does it matter what height you mount the bottle at. i noticed the stock one the hose attachment is really low, but i have read about certain systems that need the bottles at a specific height.

There is a small vent hole in the bottle. I just opened it up a tad bit more, and then plugged the top port with a an aluminum plug I machined.

Hiehgt doesn't matter because of the way the overflow works. Excess just pushes from the top of the radiator into the bottle. As the system cools, the siphone created draws coolant back into the radiator